Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread: Worst Amiga games ever!
Demon Cleaner 10:10 27th July 2007
I played that one on the C64, horrible.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:40 27th July 2007
There were also a couple of budget games I remember purchasing for the Amiga that were truly horrible.

Hellfire was the first. This was a helicopter shoot 'em up with you flying into the screen in a similar style to the Space Harrier, but in Hellfire the sprite scaling used to generate the scenery and enemies as you flew forwards was really horrible, with jerky sprite scaling and very slow framerate. This made it near impossible to play.

And the second was a car racing game from Codemasters called Nitro Boost Challenge. Horrible graphics, collision detection that was too fussy (could easily get stuck on scenery), and impossible jumps across rivers and chasms that required you to release your nitro boost at exactly the right time or you crashed and died. It's only saving grace was the music which was by Allister Brimble.

BTW, I just noticed that we have "Hellfire" on the site as "Hellfire Attack". I'm sure the in-game title just said "Hellfire". I will find the original box and double check what it's called on there. Maybe it was "Hellfire Attack" on the box and just "Hellfire" in the game.
[Reply]
Sharingan 13:56 27th July 2007
Ah ... for a second I thought you meant Nitro, the one from Psygnosis. That game was sweet ... spent a lot of time playing it with my brother.

Would you believe me if I said I was also quite entertained with Vixen? Told you, no one is more easily entertained than I am
[Reply]
Harrison 14:39 27th July 2007
I have to admit that I also enjoyed playing Vixen for a short time too. I got it free bundled with some other games when i ordered a load once and it was quite entertaining, especially as I hadn't had to pay for it.

But as I've mentioned somewhere a long time ago, I think I played it more because of the cover art which featured a bikini clad Corrinne Russell. Sad I know, but in my defence I was a teenager at the time.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 18:14 27th July 2007
Some of those games you mentioned like Hellfire and Vixen were not that bad I quite liked them it depends on which version of Hellfire you mean though the one i had was very good. I had Nitro, the one from Psygnosis it was awsome.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 18:15 28th July 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Vixen. There is one for you. Nice idea being able to transform between animal form and a girl, but as a platform game it was quite bad.
Apparently they renamed Vixen to She-Fox in Germany, as they said that vixen had sexual connotations that they did not want to be associated with... Mind you, so does 'She-Fox' in the UK

I don't know how true this is, but I remember thinking it was hilarious when I heard about it many years ago!
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 18:23 28th July 2007
And they say Germans have no sense of humour.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:26 28th July 2007
crazy!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 23:37 29th July 2007
Wichsen in german is pronounced like Vixen, and it means j.e.r.k, w.a.n.k, f.r.i.g...
[Reply]
Harrison 16:44 30th July 2007
Gaming as always had a hard time in Germany, as they have some of the strongest censorship laws in the world.

We definitely need to add that bit of trivia to the Vixen page!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Up