Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread: Worst Amiga games ever!
Sharingan 16:49 24th July 2007
Bad ports are definitely the bane of a gamer's existence.

From a businessman's standpoint, it makes sense ... no use in allocating expensive resources to build a game from the ground up: just do a sloppy port and it'll sell anyway. I'm surprised that developers don't seem to care about potential dents in their reputation by releasing such crap.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:15 24th July 2007
The problem is with the Publishers, more than the developer. And quite often the Publisher will employ a different development team to port a game, so the original developer doesn't actually have any involvement in the porting process, which is bad considering they know their own product better than anyone else.

Also Publishers tend to know when they have a bad game and just release it anyway, hoping it will sell enough copies in the first week after release, before the general public get to see reviews, and get wind of how bad it really is. Rather that than lose all of the money they put into its development.
[Reply]
J T 10:24 25th July 2007
I used to love the AP reviews of terrible games (Akira, International Rugby Challenge to name but two).

I can't think of any that really stand out as being truly bad but there was a lot of dross.

Oh, actually, try ThunderCats from the 10-star pack. ****ing dire.

Terrorpods was also rather baffling - could've been good but I never managed to work it out.
[Reply]
Sharingan 12:08 25th July 2007
Heh ... I actually found myself quite entertained with ThunderCats

I'm easy to please
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:23 25th July 2007
Originally Posted by :
I'm easy to please
I seems so. But we'll find something bad enough for you, trust me
[Reply]
Harrison 14:54 25th July 2007
I actually enjoyed Thundercats too.... but it was due to a long wait for the game. I orignally had a cover tape on the CPC magazine in the 80's and had enjoyed playing the one level demo of the CPC version of the game, but not being able to afford or find anyone with the full game to "borrow" at the time. So when I eventually got an ST I "obtained" the game and quite enjoyed it, but that was in 1987 so the quality of games was quite different compared to the later 16-bit releases. Consider it a first wave game.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 18:12 26th July 2007
Thundercats was awsome.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:15 26th July 2007
I'm really struggling to remember a truly bad game.
Either they were all great or I need to lay off the Guinness.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:34 26th July 2007
Vixen. There is one for you. Nice idea being able to transform between animal form and a girl, but as a platform game it was quite bad.
[Reply]
Submeg 01:33 27th July 2007
Oh yea, that game is quite horrible.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Up