Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 12
Thread: Worst Amiga games ever!
Harrison 11:46 10th July 2007
I remember you recounting the story well. It must have been a very sad moment in your life that scarred you deeply! It was a truly terrible game.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:11 10th July 2007
Teho and his RotR, it seems you had a very very sad moment in your life, but I can only agree. When I saw screenshots of that game, I was blown away, but the game itself was... well, Teho already mentioned it
[Reply]
Harrison 15:19 10th July 2007
I think we all remember the previews of it. I even remember the TV Gaming programs raving about it prior to release, but then when it was released they all went silent and didn't even review or mention it again.

Although the fact that the publisher refused to send a copy to any journalist for review may of had something to do with that!
[Reply]
Puni/Void 06:21 13th July 2007
Poor Teho, but if there is any comfort in it, remember that you are not alone. There were quite a few that was ripped off by buying that game.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 15:25 23rd July 2007
For me there was no worst amiga games they were all awsome alll amiga games are awsome..
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:31 24th July 2007
Well, then just grab a copy of Battle Trucks and go for it, you'll tell me after if there's no bad Amiga game.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 08:13 24th July 2007
Even if there are a ton of good games for the Amiga, there are those that totally sucks. I haven't played that Battle Trucks game, but from the screenshots I've seen, it looks absolutely horrible. Can't say the review inspired me to try it out either, so thanks for the warning, Demon. Another game that has been mentioned in this thread is of course ROTR, which was crap. Others that could be added to the list is The Last Action Hero and Cliffhanger - those didn't turn out to be good games at all, but that is of course my personal opinion.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 09:21 24th July 2007
Originally Posted by :
Others that could be added to the list is The Last Action Hero and Cliffhanger - those didn't turn out to be good games at all, but that is of course my personal opinion.
Like almost all movie conversions, which we also still see nowadays. I also remember Ghostbusters and Moonwalker being total crap.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 10:48 24th July 2007
Demon Cleaner I still dont like to say there was some rubbish games on Amiga because the Amiga is awsome and it has awsome games, but there was some rubbish games like Battle Trucks and I want to join in because its fun.

I played Battle Trucks and still have it, I agree it does not look great and the controls are fiddely it was playable but there are far better racing games on the Amiga than Battle trucks and Battle trucks did not make full use of the Amigas great graphics.

One my Amiga 600 games i was dissapointed with was a movie conversion of Predator 2 it was not what I expected each time you pass a level you get treated to a slide show clips from the film that move slightly and at the end of the game you get treated to a slide show clips from the end of the film that move slightly and then the credits.

And thats it it was not as good as good a Predator on the Commodore 64 and thats what I expected.

Ghostbusters on the Amiga was not as good as the spectrum or Commodore 64 version classic. The sega Mega drive version of Ghostbusters was great, I expected Ghostbusters on the Amiga to have even better gameplay and graphics but it was not as good as the Mega drive version.

Moonwalker is one of my most favourite Mega Drive games.

I expected the Amiga version of Moonwalker to be just as good if not even better but the Amiga version of Moonwalker was badly designed and they did not make full use of the Amigas great graphics.

Rise of the robots had good graphics but it was not very good and it was on nearly all formats and it sold copies at the time because it claimed it was the first game to be able to remember your fighting moves so it can counter you it was probaly just a load of hype.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:29 24th July 2007
The problem with many games that had cross platform releases, like the Mega Drive and Amiga as you mention, is that the developers tend to just develop the game on one of the platforms and then rush a conversion. This is usually the reason why many games don't look as good as they should. In the examples you mention I highly expect they were developed on the Mega Drive and then badly ported to the Amiga.

This happened often and it was a huge disappointment. But the only people left looking bad were the developers.

But none of the ports on the Amiga can be as bad as most on the Amstrad CPC. That suffered some really horrible ports as many developers were very lazy and just directly ported over Spectrum games without any changes. Very bad considering how much more powerful the CPC was.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6 12
Up