Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Lost
Demon Cleaner 11:17 27th November 2014
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I highly recommend the First series of Fargo. It was brilliant and well worth downloading. Billy Bob Thornton played an amazingly sadistic character.

Other series I recommend which are on at the moment include:

The Walking Dead (best series on TV)
Banshee (one of the most violent series on TV and good too!)
The Strain (If you like horror you will love this twist on Vampires, as in they are not).
Sleepy Hollow
Bates Motel (another great show)
The Black List (James Spader is brilliant in this)
Ray Donovan (brilliant show)
The Last Ship
Helix (cancelled in the UK on Channel 5 after episode 5, so I downloaded as they aired in the US and it was worth it, and a second series is being made)
Falling Skies
Penny Dreadful
The Americans
Blue Bloods
Saving Hope
The Big Bang Theory (one of the best shows on TV ever).

One series I've never seen which people keep raving about is Homeland. Anyone watch it? Worth me watching?
Of these, I have Fargo, The Walking Dead, The Strain, Gotham, Sleepy Hollow, Bates Motel, The Black List, Ray Donovan, Helix, Falling Skies, The Americans, and of course the Big Bang Theory.

Didn't know about Banshee, have to check that out.

Penny Dreadful didn't appeal to me yet, I still have f.ex. American Horror Story.

I mainly downloaded Blue Bloods for my mom.

Other series you should definitely watch are:

- Person of Interest (created by Jonathan Nolan), True Detective (starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson), The Killing (based upon the Danish television series Forbrydelsen), Hannibal (quite brutal too, but really good), Hawaii Five-0 (good action series), Chicago PD, Salem, The Following (with Kevin Bacon), Under the Dome.

We (me and gf) really also enjoy Homeland, but it's not a series where you watch several episodes straight, one per evening perhaps. We watched 2 seasons so far, and I quite enjoy it, although it's not the action/explosion/shooting kind of, but more one to think and talk about, in a good sense. Highly recommended.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:18 27th November 2014
I've watched all of Under the Dome. Interesting series but the acting can be a bit rubbish.

I couldn't get into True Detectives, Hannibal or Hawaii Five-0. I tried each for a few episodes but just didn't do anything for me.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:33 27th November 2014
Under the Dome is also sometimes annoying me, strange decision taking galore, sometimes I just don't get it. Have still to watch the last episode of the 2nd season.

True Detective we only watched one episode so far, was good, but have to watch a bit further.

Hannibal we finished the first season, and we both liked it, gets better with later episodes.

My gf also like Burn Notice a lot, me too, and we already finished all 7 seasons. Bruce Campbell is ace
[Reply]
Harrison 02:04 28th November 2014
I watched the first few series of Burn Notice but that woman really annoys me.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:45 28th November 2014
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I watched the first few series of Burn Notice but that woman really annoys me.
That's exactly what we thought, and it gets straight away better with the 2nd season, I guess the directors and producers noticed that too, or got bad feedback. She was really annoying, and my gf felt the same, sometimes unbearable, but I think it was so dominant, that they had to change her character, otherwise they could have canceled the series. Don't get me wrong, she still plays the same character, and a bit of it is still left, but I would say it's down to 20%, which makes a huge difference.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:13 28th November 2014
I watched until the end of series 3, then gave up, so I did give it a good chance. my mum still watches it though.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up