Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: v85rawdeal Wins Poster of the Month June 2007
Harrison 11:58 3rd July 2007
v85rawdeal Wins Poster of the Month June 2007

Congratulations goes to v85rawdeal for winning the June 2007 Poster of the Month Competition.

He won it with this post:

Originally Posted by :
I agree, after all, if you go into a shop and buy cigarettes or alcohol for someone who is under-age, you can get arrested.

It seems stupid that we consider ourselves to be one of the freeest (sic) countries on this planet and yet we have to be dictated to as to what we can or cannot play on our consoles. Rockstar themselves are not at fault, in fact, they could almost be applauded for showing some common-sense and not making the game on the PS3 or 360 (with photo-realistic graphics). I can imagine they are pretty p155ed off by all this themselves as I dont imagine that the game was cheap to produce.

It is just a shame that the media doesnt seem to be that interested in the story behind the game concept and just want to sensationalise the situation. Maybe what is needed is a good live debate on TV discussing the various forms of media-based entertainments there are and what should be banned and what shouldnt be banned based on a pre-determined set of criteria.

I for one can imagine a fair few books that would be banned because of their content. One book that comes to mind includes: incest, mass-murder, regicide, prejudice, violence and torture amongst the material in it... and yet it is readily available to anybody (including minors).

Mind you, if Rockstar cant legally sell it... they could always give me a copy ... just so I could give an unbiased opinion. (As Rockstar's No1 fan, I can guarantee my impartiality)

Congratulations

And everyone, don't forget to nominate and vote for the July competition.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:24 3rd July 2007
Congrats mate.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 17:47 3rd July 2007
Congratulations from me as well!
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 17:57 3rd July 2007
Sound mate, well done.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:04 3rd July 2007
Nice job! Also, is the section open to nominate for July? There were three good posts yesterday and I couldnt nominate
[Reply]
Harrison 00:06 4th July 2007
Yes the July 07 category has now been added so you can nominate. Also don't worry if that happens again as I can move nominations made in the last month over once I create the next, so you can still nominate before the next month is created.
[Reply]
Submeg 00:17 4th July 2007
Oh ok then thats good, I'll remember that
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 16:45 5th July 2007
Well, what can I say but thank you.

I did not think that that would be considered worthy of a nomination, let alone win.

I guess speaking from the heart and believing in something can be noticed. Well, I guess its time to star nagging the BBFC and their kind to open their eyes to people-power.

But, gee, i am so honored... (see.. I have gone all American there with my spelling... Help me!!!!)
[Reply]
Submeg 14:54 6th July 2007
Thats ok, I will beat it out of you... (no offense meant to any)
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up