Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Most people online???
Teho 15:45 2nd July 2007
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
There's probably no easy answer, save for keeping the atmosphere friendly and encouraging existing active users to keep posting interesting topics. Out of personal experience, I know that making a community succesful is one of the toughest things. But, if one can manage it - it's gotta be one of the most satisfying things!
Well, this particular community, allthough small, has been going pretty steadily for four years now. Longer if you include the time we hung out at the GameFAQs Amiga board. And in my opinion we haven't degraded to elitism or anything like that, and are still a pretty friendly and helpful bunch. So I think it is very likely that it'll stay that way for a long while yet.

The real problem is as mentioned that there aren't that many of us here in this little paradise of ours. And the chant "oh-how-do-we-get-more-people-to-post" is one that you hear again and again on most boards, with far bigger communities than ours. But I can't say I've seen any really good solutions anywhere either.
[Reply]
J T 16:42 2nd July 2007
Oh man, I missed all the excitement, what with the most number of users online AND the opportunity to yell "omfgz read teh faq n0ob" in a mildly humourous way.

Balls.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:19 2nd July 2007
Lol. Nice. Well looks like I will be on here a lot more, considering my life just fell apart
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 22:23 2nd July 2007
Originally Posted by :
considering my life just fell apart
What do you mean?
[Reply]
Submeg 22:25 2nd July 2007
Basically, my gf got really pissed off with me yesterday, she though a situation that has arisen before was going to happen again, and she just started yelling at me, I understand why, but basically it's all ****ed. We are on a 'break' who knows what's going to happen. I miss her so much already, feels like my insides have been ripped out
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 22:36 2nd July 2007
Well that's always bad, I always hated it when it happened to me, that's why since the last years I'm single and only "get" gf's for 1-2 months (or even less). But I think that I'm also a bit older than you, choosing this way for me to live.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:38 2nd July 2007
Yea Im at a loss right now, I didn't know it was going to happen, everything seemed ok. But hopefully things will work out, just needs some space, I'll just leave her alone for the time being.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 22:41 2nd July 2007
You'll have to let her a little time to get her thoughts together, and tomorrow is another day. Don't precipitate things and be in a rush.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:43 2nd July 2007
Yea I know, I just want to work it out, but I know if I went over there right now, it would be alot worse. But I will have to see her soon, I have her ID card, so she needs it back
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:01 2nd July 2007
Yes, I agree, don't be in too much of a rush.
Give her chance to cool down and think things through properly for herself.
Arguing the toss when she is still worked up and possibly a bit irrational will just stir things up and inflame the situation.
Good luck mate.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up