Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Wii Virtual Console
rayzorblue 19:15 14th January 2007
Finally got the Wii online with a Nintendo USB dongle it seems to work well enough although the update did take a while, went on virtual console and d/loaded Bomberman 93, brilliant stuff, my partner wants me to get mario bros next which would be kind of cool, cant wait to get my mates round to play multiplayer bomberman. Wasnt so impressed with the browser but that dont matter because i dont really need it anyhow. I read an interview wit Reggie Fil-Aimes were he mentioned how much he would love to see goldeneye on the virtual console but there are certain legal issues with it (like the fact RARE is now owned by Microsoft) i just hope one day we get to see it.
[Reply]
cicobuff 21:12 14th January 2007
Originally Posted by rayzorblue:
Finally got the Wii online with a Nintendo USB dongle it seems to work well enough although the update did take a while, went on virtual console and d/loaded Bomberman 93, brilliant stuff, my partner wants me to get mario bros next which would be kind of cool, cant wait to get my mates round to play multiplayer bomberman. Wasnt so impressed with the browser but that dont matter because i dont really need it anyhow. I read an interview wit Reggie Fil-Aimes were he mentioned how much he would love to see goldeneye on the virtual console but there are certain legal issues with it (like the fact RARE is now owned by Microsoft) i just hope one day we get to see it.
And now even RARE has gone to the dogs http://www.cex.co.uk/cex_feature.php?id=8346

Founders have quit after the poor commercial success of games since the acquisition by Microsoft.
[Reply]
rayzorblue 23:01 14th January 2007
Its sad to see a once great company go down the toilet, but while saying that i am smiling.

Oh hope u guys linked your nintendo website account with your Wii shopping channel one as you gain shi**y stars when you buy virtual console games. And yes i did miss the free age of empires DS game on the stars catalogue, dammit
[Reply]
Harrison 11:35 15th January 2007
I still have a load of stars collected on the Nintendo site from the Gamecube games I bought. Can these be linked to the Wii?
[Reply]
StuKeith 11:54 15th January 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I still have a load of stars collected on the Nintendo site from the Gamecube games I bought. Can these be linked to the Wii?
Yes they can. You can link your nintendo VIP account into the wii itself!

Ninty will also be allowing you to convert stars to wii points at some point too!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up