Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: What was the first Amiga game you ever completed?
Harrison 16:56 22nd June 2007
Can you remember what the very first Amiga was that you completed? And even harder, can you remember how long it took and how much you enjoyed playing it?

I've been trying to remember this myself and it is hard. I know that the first game I completed on the first Amiga I personally owned was Lemmings (as it came with the Amiga) and it must have taken me a couple of weeks playing after school to complete, but I played and completed many before that on friends Amigas.

It must have been something released around 1986/7 so was either Arkanoid, Barbarian, or Bubble Bobble as I remember playing all of them a lot on friends Amigas, and my ST . But out of those I know I was addicted to Barbarian the most and must have played that more than any other. The decapitation move was brilliant, followed by the little green goblin creature dragging the body off screen, kicking the severed head as it went.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:47 22nd June 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
and my ST .....

You know, I dont remember finishing any amiga games The first game I remember completing was Double Dragon on the NES
[Reply]
Harrison 00:09 23rd June 2007
Double Dragon was one of the first games I ever completed in the arcades
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 22:18 23rd June 2007
Don't remember, first RPG has to be Champions of Krynn.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 22:56 24th June 2007
Can't be sure, my memory is crap.
Possibly Loom.
[Reply]
Teho 22:56 24th June 2007
Probably Duck Tales, as it came with the Amiga I bought. But that really isn't a game you complete, you just reach the end sooner or later and then you either win or lose depending on how you did throughout.

So the first game I completed on the Amiga that I felt was an achievement, was probably Turrican II. That's just a rough guess though, it could have been something else entirely.

As for the first game that I completed ever that I felt was an achievement, was definitely Tusker on the C64. I remember being pretty satisified with reaching the end of that. I remember me and a friend sat an entire weekend playing it. I probably finished other games before that too though, but I don't remember them now. Tusker was the first that left an impression anyway.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 10:41 26th June 2007
First game I had was probably Defender of the Crown, but never finished that. It just looked good, but gets boring very fast. And the tedious and difficult fencing battles, oh my god, what a mess
[Reply]
J T 17:28 3rd July 2007
I honestly can't remember. I have a feeling that I didn't complete all that many games back then.

One that does stick in my mind is Wizkid, which I got to an 'end' of but never actually completed - it's very easy to warp to later levels only to be told at the end "You don't have enough kittens to win the rowing race, goodbye"

And then trying again I had enough kittens, but didn't have the right items! Ack! One day I'll finish it thanks to UAE magic and the guide on gamefaqs, but until then.....
[Reply]
Harrison 17:36 3rd July 2007
I never completed WizKid as I never got into that game, but did complete the original game WizBall which I really enjoyed playing.
[Reply]
Submeg 00:13 4th July 2007
those two games are extremely weird
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up