Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Have you ever thrown a game controller?
Have you ever thrown a game controller?
  • View Poll Results

Thread: Have you ever physically thrown a Joystick?
    Harrison 15:35 22nd June 2007
    You hear about people throwing joysticks and other game controller across the room in a fit of frustration or rage, either through being stuck in a game or by just being beaten by a "mate".

Have you ever done this? Why did it happen? And did you break the controller or anything it hit?

I've personally never thrown a game controller, but I have broken a few in my time through excessive force brought about by over eager use during multiplayer games.
    [Reply]
    Teho 15:47 22nd June 2007
    No, never threw a controller. Or anything else for that matter. Worst I can do out of sheer frustration with a game is pound the table/chair/something once, but never really hard. I did kill the stereo's remote that way, by accidentally grazing it just wrong so it bounced away and into the sharp edge of one of my speakers. It wasn't even that hard, but somehow managed to crack the circuit board inside. Had to get a new one. Stupid, really.
    [Reply]
    Submeg 22:44 22nd June 2007
    Not a chucker....more a screamer I tend to also hit the ground or chair...at least I have some control over not hitting the controller! lol
    [Reply]
    TiredOfLife 04:40 23rd June 2007
    Never chucked anything.
    I like to let out my rage in a mature way by swearing.
    Which is as we all know, big and clever.
    [Reply]
    Stephen Coates 10:27 23rd June 2007
    Not that I can remember.
    [Reply]
    v85rawdeal 13:28 23rd June 2007
    Errr. Yes, but just the once... Didnt do any damage...

Which is more than can be said for the time I threw my chair at the wall, because I drew a line in the wrong place on my ST (dodgy broken mouse-port)... Now that MADE a lovely whole in the wall... much to my parents annoyance!
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    Up