Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: The longest time playing an Amiga game?
Harrison 16:09 22nd June 2007
What is the longest time you have ever spent playing an Amiga game in one sitting?

For me the game had to be Eye of the Beholder 2 or Frontier: Elite 2 and I must have spent at least 10 hours in one sitting playing Frontier at some point.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:39 22nd June 2007
I think for me, the longest I ever sat there was six hours playing wings. I then thought, I should probably back these disks up...then when I went to back them up, they corrupted!
[Reply]
Harrison 23:06 22nd June 2007
The story in Wings definitely can draw you in and make you want to keep playing to see the next part of the journal. Great game.

Must have been really sad suddenly realising such a great game was corrupted.
[Reply]
Submeg 08:34 23rd June 2007
Sad, and then I decided to want to destroy something...
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 21:17 23rd June 2007
Elite.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 21:38 23rd June 2007
For me, the longest sitting I remember doing was about 17 hours playing Curse of the Azure Bonds. A game that I managed to complete in just 2 sittings.

After that, I guess it would possibly be Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (although half that was spent looking at the box )
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 22:17 24th June 2007
EOBII and Civilization must be the longest sessions.
Wouldn't like to think about how long in a single session.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 09:16 26th June 2007
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
For me, the longest sitting I remember doing was about 17 hours playing Curse of the Azure Bonds. A game that I managed to complete in just 2 sittings.
That is also a great game, and a sequel to Pool of Radiance. Champions of Krynn (which I mentioned in the first games I completed topic) is also by SSI and plays exactly the same way. Also great, and a game which I also finished is Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday, another SSI release, but this time in a sci-fi setting.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:50 26th June 2007
SSI were a great RPG developer on the Amiga. Eye of the Beholder is still my favourite game from them.

Pool of Radiance was also a great game and the direct PC sequel to it, "Pools of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor", released in 2001 is another of my favourite RPGs, using a Baldur's Gate style 3D engine. If you haven't tried this PC sequel I highly recommend it as it also using the same AD&D 3rd edition rules as BG and is very good, but do make sure you patch it with the latest available patch as it was quite unstable until the last patches were released.
[Reply]
Sharingan 06:30 2nd July 2007
Almost positive it was Bullfrog's Powermonger. 7-8 hours in one session, at the least. That game was just incredible ... great atmosphere, well-tuned difficulty, excellent visuals. Even to this day, I haven't found a wargame that matches Powermonger when it comes to atmosphere - that's saying a lot, I think. Another game I remember spending obscene amounts of time on was Frontier.

It's funny ... nowadays, I find myself hard-pressed to play any one game for longer than an hour before wanting to switch it off and do something else, whereas in the past, there were dozens of games that kept me playing for hours on end. A sign of changing interests? Or are games nowadays simply less compelling?

Oh, and hi to everyone. Newcomer to this forum here.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up