Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Have you ever thrown a game controller?
Have you ever thrown a game controller?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3
    Thread: Have you ever physically thrown a Joystick?
    TiredOfLife 21:49 24th June 2007
    Did that once when a computer in work was playing up.
    The thing switched itself off when I thumped the desk.
    Don't do that anymore.
    [Reply]
    J T 19:52 2nd July 2007
    I've smashed the beejesus out of things before, but rarely generally things that I won't need (or really, really, REALLY pissed me off). Mostly it be hitting the sofa or chucking the controller into the sofa cushions to vent but not ruin my stuff.

A mate at uni smashed the hell out of a PS2 controller because it kept rumbling for no reason so he threw it, punched it, whacked it against the desk and wall and finally threw it down to the floor and yelled "stop F***ing rumbling!".......... silence....... and then..... *brrrrrrrrrt*...... a little, tiny quiver from the controller. We stamped the hell out of it while it was still plugged in, every now and then giving a little whirring rumble of defiance, until finally it lay slain.

Good times
    [Reply]
    Submeg 22:34 2nd July 2007
    Man, that is a story to tell the grandkids...
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 22:38 2nd July 2007
    So your friend is now happy they removed the rumble feature of its PS3 controllers
    [Reply]
    TiredOfLife 22:38 2nd July 2007
    Originally Posted by J T:
    I've smashed the beejesus out of things before, but rarely generally things that I won't need (or really, really, REALLY pissed me off). Mostly it be hitting the sofa or chucking the controller into the sofa cushions to vent but not ruin my stuff.

A mate at uni smashed the hell out of a PS2 controller because it kept rumbling for no reason so he threw it, punched it, whacked it against the desk and wall and finally threw it down to the floor and yelled "stop F***ing rumbling!".......... silence....... and then..... *brrrrrrrrrt*...... a little, tiny quiver from the controller. We stamped the hell out of it while it was still plugged in, every now and then giving a little whirring rumble of defiance, until finally it lay slain.

Good times
    And they say kids aren't getting enough exercise because of computer games.
    [Reply]
    Submeg 22:39 2nd July 2007
    Hold off on the quotes, we need the next POTM section to go up!
    [Reply]
    Sharingan 10:10 7th August 2007
    I haven't thrown joysticks nor controllers, but I have chucked a chair at my brother's face when I couldn't beat him at a game of Street Fighter. Does that count?
    [Reply]
    J T 10:18 7th August 2007
    Originally Posted by Sharingan:
    I haven't thrown joysticks nor controllers, but I have chucked a chair at my brother's face when I couldn't beat him at a game of Street Fighter. Does that count?
    That's quite extreme, I'd say it counts. I take it the chair didn't hit him?
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 10:20 7th August 2007
    That counts even double
    [Reply]
    Sharingan 10:35 7th August 2007
    It did hit, but he's still alive ... no permanent damage done! I think.

I should've pursued a career as a pitcher in baseball, or something. I'm deadly accurate at throwing things
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3
    Up