Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Ultimate keyboard
AlexJ 11:19 10th June 2007
Some of you may remember a few years back, there was talk of a keyboard where each key would be a miniature display which would change depending on what application you were using (e.g. letters for regular usage, game specific controls, keyboard shortcuts for image editing apps)

Looks like they've finally put it into production. I think I might wait for the price to drop a little though...
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 13:32 10th June 2007
Whats even better is that it costs more on its own that almost all the other keyboards on the site, added together!!!

Now that's what I call 'Value For Money' *sarcastic tone*
[Reply]
Agram 18:04 10th June 2007
I'm having difficulty justifying the price of a Raptor K1, so don't think I'll be getting a Optimus OLED keyboard.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 19:27 10th June 2007
Heh! I had to justify myself spending £5.00 on a replacement keyboard when there was nothing wrong with the one I had...

I think it had something to do with the fact I was bored...
[Reply]
Submeg 23:55 10th June 2007
lol, you could have given the money to me...
[Reply]
AlexJ 00:58 11th June 2007

Not sure how anyone can come to that conclusion
[Reply]
Submeg 03:22 11th June 2007
Lol, could I please buy a computer first?lol
[Reply]
Harrison 12:42 11th June 2007
I've been waiting to see a finished version of this OLED keyboard ever seen I saw a prototype running a couple of years back at a video editing expo in London I attended. But at this price I cannot see many people being able to justify the purchase. For £850 you could easily build a very hi spec complete computer system!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:31 11th June 2007
I'm used to the normal keyboards so long, I would never change, and surely not for those features.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:26 11th June 2007
The one application I can see it being useful for is high end video editing where keyboards are mapped for specific tasks. A good example is Avid based editing where most tasks are keyboard intensive with most commands only being accessible via the keyboard and not via on screen menus.

Some other design applications such as Photoshop would be useful with this keyboard too as you could map the keyboard keys to their functions, but not at this price.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up