Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Game Music OST
Sharingan 11:41 3rd July 2007
Sounds like a nice find. If you could point out the site where the torrent can be downloaded, I'd be interested in seeing what it has to offer.

While we're talking of recommendations, any Amiga enthusiast should definitely check out the three IMMORTAL compilation albums. What do they contain? Amiga game music! Not straight recordings from the Amiga originals, but studio recorded, re-produced tracks by the original composers, in full 16-bit glory. Among the gems you'll find are upgraded versions of the Shadow of the Beast tracks, music from Turrican and Turrican 3, Project-X, Apidya, Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 and much, much more.

VERY good stuff!
[Reply]
Harrison 12:07 3rd July 2007
Not sure exactly where the SotB soundtrack was from (as I download a lot of stuff each week) but it might have been on Undergound-gamer or just something I found on ISOHunt.

BTW, if you haven't been to underground gamer yet I highly recommend the site, and let me know if you need an invitation as I have some available.
[Reply]
J T 16:18 3rd July 2007
Originally Posted by Submeg:
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
If I'd have a make a wild guess, I have around 500+ GB of OSTs in MP3 format lying about (90% of which I haven't even listened to).
That is ALOT of OST!
Holy crap! I don't even have that much regular music, let alone OST stuff.

I have maybe a handful of OST albums, FFX, Sonics 1 & 2, Outrun 2, Mario 64, Zelda (Ocarina, Majora, Wind Waker) and a natty Hyrule Symphony (Zelda themes played by a proper, full ochestra) and some Nintendo 'concert' including an ace scat-jazz-vocal version of the mario theme.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:30 3rd July 2007
The Legend of Zelda - Hyrule Symphony album and definitely great and worth finding.

Talking of Orchestra versions, some of the Final Fantasy orchestra albums are some of the best too.

Another I've been listening to lately is the Baldur's Gate OST. That's another good one, although not quite as good as the Xenosaga OST.

I do think that game OST albums are definitely better if you have played the games as they generate memories of the gameplay, scenes, and set pieces.
[Reply]
J T 16:45 3rd July 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
The Legend of Zelda - Hyrule Symphony album and definitely great and worth finding.

I do think that game OST albums are definitely better if you have played the games as they generate memories of the gameplay, scenes, and set pieces.
Yes, and yes. I am rather fond of some of the pieces on the FFX OST because of the memories - doubly so with the Zelda tracks. Music is very, very emotive like that.
[Reply]
Sharingan 17:13 3rd July 2007
Not sure exactly where the SotB soundtrack was from (as I download a lot of stuff each week) but it might have been on Undergound-gamer or just something I found on ISOHunt.
Ah, I was referring more to the compilation torrents you mentioned ... the ones that are 15 GB each

I'll take a peek at the Underground-gamer site sometime. Thanks for the offer!

Originally Posted by J T:
I have maybe a handful of OST albums, FFX, Sonics 1 & 2, Outrun 2, Mario 64, Zelda (Ocarina, Majora, Wind Waker) and a natty Hyrule Symphony (Zelda themes played by a proper, full ochestra) and some Nintendo 'concert' including an ace scat-jazz-vocal version of the mario theme.
Let me know if you should be interested in any other album. I have quite a lot of Final Fantasy albums, as well as Sega/Nintendo soundtracks. I'd be happy to share some (FTP upload preferred).

Another I've been listening to lately is the Baldur's Gate OST. That's another good one, although not quite as good as the Xenosaga OST.
Seems like you have quite similar tastes to mine when it comes to game music. Cheers
[Reply]
Harrison 17:17 3rd July 2007
The 15GB compilations were found on Pirate Bay I think and are called "Game Music Gems"
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 22:39 5th July 2007
The only soundtracks I have game-wise are Carmageddon; GTA:VC + SA; and the Monkey Island soundtracks off the Complete Monkey Island DVD-Rom.
[Reply]
J T 22:58 5th July 2007
monkey island?! sweet! i'd love to get a copy of that OST if possible please mate. sounds utterly ace!
[Reply]
Submeg 14:56 6th July 2007
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
The only soundtracks I have game-wise are Carmageddon; GTA:VC + SA; and the Monkey Island soundtracks off the Complete Monkey Island DVD-Rom.
Whoa...Carmageddon. Now thats a oldie!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up