Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm
Submeg 09:03 29th May 2007
Yea I know
thats why I would charge big bucks! Lol
[Reply]
Harrison 21:30 29th May 2007
I doubt you would be able to get anyone to purchase a translation. All I have seen to date have been free and done by fans in their spare time. You have been able to get fan made transcript translations for most games for years. A Chinese friend of mine use to get all new PS1 game releases from a friend of his in Japan and used to use freely available English transcripts to play through the games. He did that for titles such as Silent Hill, so got to play the games months, sometimes over a year before an English version was released.
[Reply]
Submeg 12:48 30th May 2007
Damn. there goes my idea
[Reply]
Harrison 02:17 6th June 2007
I've now had a quick play of this game and it follows exactly the same style as the previous games in this Atelier Iris series. Sprite based and hand drawn with side on turn based combat as before.

I think fans of this series should like it just as much as the previous titles and from what I've quickly seen it should be just as good. The initial part quickly leads you into the main controls of the game including the job board, but the quick tutorials are a bit too basic and patronising.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:29 6th June 2007
Burnt it, not tested yet, but I don't await an eye candy here
[Reply]
Harrison 16:56 6th June 2007
Visually it is very traditional and follows the graphical hand drawn style from this series nearly identically to the point that it could probably have been coded to run exactly the same on the original PS1. But with a traditional and long running series like this that isn't always a bad thing. It is nice to see a series sticking to its roots and continuing to offer an RPG style like this. It would be sad if all RPGs moved into full motion 3D.
[Reply]
1 2
Up