Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: The proudest pieces of your collection
Harrison 15:14 3rd January 2007
That is good to have the same actors. A forth film too! Really need to get hold of the third and watch it soon.
[Reply]
rayzorblue 19:40 3rd January 2007
Always meant to watch those films jus never got round to it, anyhow the proudest peices of my collection are definately my game and watches and old school video game machines here is a selection of my favourites.
Grandstand Firefox F-7
Tomytronic 3-D Stereo Skyfighters
Galaxy Invader-1000 CGL
Coleco Head to Head Boxing
Coleco Total Control 4
Nintendo Game and Watch Greenhouse GH-54 and Mario Bros MW-56

These are jus my favourites sorry if they arent relevant but im not sure i have any really classic games on any of my systems they are all classics to me i guess, although i do have many amiga and c64 games i dont even know if any of them work anymore to be honest.I do love my original gameboy as well with tetris.
[Reply]
J T 21:34 3rd January 2007
Ooh, we have the Tomytronic 3D "Thundering Turbos" somewhere, and also Game and Watch of Donkey Kong, and Safebuster.

All played extensively so no box or manual, and all show the signs of being used and loved by kids.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:26 3rd January 2007
I used to have a Game and Watch Donkey Kong but I remember it wore out and fell apart. That was sad. I wish I had taken better care of it at the time as it has become quite a collectable item and one I wish I still had in my collection.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:40 4th January 2007
To come back to the CD32 console, I just got the new retroGAMER magazine, and it contains 10 pages about the CD32.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:53 4th January 2007
Nice. I will have to try and pick up a copy tommorrow. I really should subscribe to Retro gamer again.
[Reply]
Toasty667 14:38 3rd May 2007
I have the first Dizzy compilation for the C64 with the receipt in the loft.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:46 3rd May 2007
How much did you pay for it?

I often come across receipts with old hardware and software and am often shocked about how much I actually paid for some of the items.
[Reply]
Toasty667 14:52 3rd May 2007
It was £10 I'm sure. I remember (how the hell do I remember this stuff from an eon ago and yet not what I had for breakfast this morning?) I borrowed the money from my dad as I didn't bring it with me on the day. Magic Land Dizzy was my favourite. Took me a long time to get used to those games though.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 18:21 3rd May 2007
I cant really say if any of these are considered very rare nowadays but these are the pride of my collection of software on various machines.

Amstrad CPC 464
Bard's Tale
Gauntlet + The Deeper Dungeons

Atari ST
Midwinter

Amiga
Elvira -Mistress of the Dark (The adventure version)
Elite
Frontier

PS1
Monster Rancher x 3 (1 open, 2 sealed)
Diablo

PS2
Gitaroo Man
Unlimited Saga

PC
Daggerfall
Battlespire
Carmageddon Max Pack (The uncensored version, complete with cheat book, mousemat and key fob)

As I said, nothing spectacular (afaik) but I am pleased with what I have retained, especially from the 8 & 16-bit era.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up