Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: How did you find classicamiga?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
How did you find classicamiga?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4
    Thread: How did you find classicamiga.com?
    Harrison 12:03 9th May 2007
    Every time I see some new members join us I wonder how they discovered classicamiga for the first time. So how did you discover classicamiga?

As well as answering the poll, please say a bit more about how you came here. It would be great to find out.
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 12:34 9th May 2007
    Unfortunately I can't tell anymore. It has been along time now I'm on the boadrs, but I can't remember how exactly I came here. Probably whilst searching for amiga sites (what else). I was one of the first members (Nr: 7), and registered the second day it was online, I speak of course of the old boards.

Since that time I always enjoyed being on the site with almost the same regular members than now, asked for getting a moderator position after soem years and now fully enjoy being on the board and helping for the main site, and I'm always occupied.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 12:51 9th May 2007
    Didn't you originally start out with us on the GameFAQs Amiga board?
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 12:54 9th May 2007
    Originally Posted by :
    Didn't you originally start out with us on the GameFAQs Amiga board?
    That could be, I've been there since already a long time, and I think that was the first forum I was visiting. Then I saw that they also got some retro boards, C64 and amiga. I'm pretty sure that's where we met.
    [Reply]
    Merlin 12:57 9th May 2007
    I came here bacause Dazzaboy from Oldskool UK reecommended your site, simple as that. A loooooooong time ago I knew the guy who ran the Lowlife BBS, along with guys like Blobby, Voodoo and Little John who ran a Nintendo BBS IIRC.

Merlin
    [Reply]
    Harrison 12:59 9th May 2007
    It is such a shame that GameFAQs declined and their boards are hardly ever worth visiting or posting on these days. So many little kids measuring each others "hardware" and fighting about who has the longest "cable".

I remember when I first discovered GameFAQs it was a great place to visit and post. With many great members discussing a lot of great subjects about anything and everything game and computer related. Then the mods got power hungry and all the great posters left.
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 13:10 9th May 2007
    Originally Posted by :
    So many little kids measuring each others "hardware" and fighting about who has the longest "cable".
    You're right. Have you seen the posts they recently made in the amiga topic, I already send some of them into moderation. Same counts for the C64 topic.
    Originally Posted by :
    I came here bacause Dazzaboy from Oldskool UK
    I was asking him to put his newsletters on our main site, surely that's why he knows about the board. Hopefully he will also take a look at our forums.
    [Reply]
    Submeg 13:56 9th May 2007
    I came here because I was looking for a way to play Dragon's Lair...I stumbled across the forums by complete luck!
    [Reply]
    Teho 15:50 9th May 2007
    Well, you know how I got here Harrison. But if anyone else is curious, I was also one of the GameFAQs members who hung out at the Amiga board. So I registered here along with everyone else when Harrison announced he'd opened a Classicamiga forum, after that mod wiped all our posts on the Amiga board for no good reason.

And about GameFAQs, I agree completely. I've been a member there for many years now, but the past few years I've hardly posted there at all. I still go there from time to time, but almost never find any interesting topics. It's as you say, just full of kids asking the same old questions, making the same old topics, having the same old arguments. I just can't be bothered about that place anymore.
    [Reply]
    Toasty667 15:51 9th May 2007
    Had very little work to do so I was trying to find adf's of my long lost gaming collection then I landed here.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4
    Up