Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: How many Amiga floppy disks do you own?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
How many Amiga floppy disks do you own?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4 5
    Thread: How many floppy disks did/do you own?
    Harrison 10:42 9th May 2007
    Having been a big collector of Amiga software back in the Amiga days, collecting everything from games, demos, PD, shareware, applications, utilities and coverdisks I amassed a huge collection of Amiga floppy disks over the years.

I've also obtained a lot more since by being given other peoples complete Amiga collections. This included a friend who hadn't used his A500+ for years and just gave it to me with a few disk boxes containing around 300 disks full of games and other software. Another was a huge collection of disks I got with my A4000 which I bought from a friend at university.

In total (I haven't counted them all) I estimate I have at least 3000 floppy disks!
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 11:41 9th May 2007
    Originally Posted by :
    In total (I haven't counted them all) I estimate I have at least 3000 floppy disks!
    That is a lot. I used to have about 300 disks, which I overwrote regularly. Then again some were sold, and finally I sold everything together with my amiga.

When I bought an amiga again, it came with 100-120 disks, which I still have, and those were all Fish disks.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 11:53 9th May 2007
    It definitely is a lot and I am constantly trying to find ways to store all of the disk boxes. It is a losing battle!
    [Reply]
    Submeg 13:30 9th May 2007
    Lol, you know eventually the boxes will eat you
    [Reply]
    Harrison 13:54 9th May 2007
    That is one constant worry I have had to live with for many years now. One day I will find myself waking inside a disk box and not be able to find my way out. It haunts me to the extent of night terrors.
    [Reply]
    Submeg 13:55 9th May 2007
    This is quite a serious condition. It's called:

Myobsessionitis. It is quite common, but commonly misdiagnosed. You must seek immediate medical attention
    [Reply]
    Harrison 14:00 9th May 2007
    I have the feeling many of us could be suffering from this condition. Do we need help? or is this forum really out support network?
    [Reply]
    Submeg 14:01 9th May 2007
    I think it maybe, my cds are getting out of control...lol
    [Reply]
    Harrison 14:02 9th May 2007
    Just think of poor DC. He must stay awake most nights with the worry that his console collection will one day eat him alive!
    [Reply]
    Submeg 14:11 9th May 2007
    I think they will become a massive transformer and crush him...
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4 5
    Up