Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: How many Amiga floppy disks do you own?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
How many Amiga floppy disks do you own?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4 5
    Thread: How many floppy disks did/do you own?
    Merlin 16:11 9th May 2007
    Hmm... originally, I had bazillions of floppies, I kept them in plastic trays about 2 feet by 18 inches which stacked, and they stacked at least eight trays high...it was mental and the missus was going spastic about them.

Now, about 500 or so, recently acquired and I need to sort through them.

Merlin
    [Reply]
    AlexJ 16:16 9th May 2007
    I count 6 100-disk holders full, plus all the boxed games I aquired with my A1200 some five years ago.

650 at a rough estimate?
    [Reply]
    Teho 16:19 9th May 2007
    I reckon it's 201-300 but I never really counted. Like Demon I kept overwriting old ones that I never used anyway when I needed to.

Those were the ones I used back in the day anyway, but there might be a couple hundred more actually when I think about it. Since I've also aquired a couple of friends complete collections as they've dropped them off here when they've been getting rid of their old stuff. Probably around 500 disks in total I guess.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 16:29 9th May 2007
    Originally Posted by Merlin:
    Hmm... originally, I had bazillions of floppies, I kept them in plastic trays about 2 feet by 18 inches which stacked, and they stacked at least eight trays high...it was mental and the missus was going spastic about them.

Now, about 500 or so, recently acquired and I need to sort through them.

Merlin
    Again I come back to the comparison with shoes and handbags. Why is it that it is perfectly fine for them to collect and store so many shoes and handbags all over the house, but if we are actively collecting anything it isn't seem as being good and they will do everything they can to get you to throw whatever it is out?
    [Reply]
    Submeg 16:37 9th May 2007
    jealously. It has to be
    [Reply]
    Stephen Coates 17:44 9th May 2007
    About 70ish.

Not counted exactly.

I do need to get some more proper containers as my amount of Amiga disks is increasing and I just have a lot of them lying around oll over the place.
    [Reply]
    v85rawdeal 17:47 10th May 2007
    Not as many as I used to have. I used to have about 2 copies of every game that i had... and I had collected hundreds of games during my time with the A500, to the point that they took up my wardrobe meant for my clothes. (And my mum wondered why I never put my clothes away !!)

Now I own about 100-200 (I think) and that takes up way less space.
    [Reply]
    TiredOfLife 00:17 11th May 2007
    Ticked 500+
    Not sure.
    There are stacks of the buggers all over my computer room.
    They just seem to come so many at a time each night and never go back when day breaks.
    Every so often I have to round them up and send them back to the cupboard.
    [Reply]
    Puni/Void 09:06 22nd May 2007
    I've gotten rid of hundreds upon hundres upon hundreds of floppies. Most of them went in the trash, as those disks was more or less useless.

I decided to keep many of them hough, about 1000-1200 I think. These disks does mostly contain old demoscene stuff, but there are also some games here and there.
    [Reply]
    wilsonsamm 22:16 26th May 2007
    I have about two or three hundred in the cupboard and another twenty-odd that I use most in a small earl grey box near my computer. Well, the box broke, so like my Amiga I fixed it with a beer can.

These twenty-odd have my favourite demos, some games, workbench 2.04, some tools etc.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4 5
    Up