Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: How old were you when you got your first Amiga?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
How old were you when you got your first Amiga?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Thread: How old were you when you got your first Amiga?
    Zetr0 20:01 22nd January 2008
    As its my first post on the "New Classic Amiga"

A big hi from this Zetr0 guy

some may know of my post whoring exploits from the EAB, and the uber coolness from OLDSkool, but i don't want you thinking i am anything but special... I am just a regular Zetr0

wow, its hard to think about it now.... i would of been 13/14 when i first saw and played on an AmigaA500 with 1MB Expansion playing Sword of Sodan i think it was now... man... so long ago... what a game... spanked anything i had seen in the arcades at the time!

it was about a year after that we got an Atari ST, then promptly an Amiga 500 (with said 1MB upgrade from my uncle).

Spanked gauntlet, Amour Gideon, SWIV, Super Cars... oh the list is endless...

my first REAL purchase of an Amiga (as in with my own cash no christmas and borthday prezzy money ) was an A1200, when i was 17/18, i paid £325 at the time which was cheaper than the £425 asking price!!!!...

OMG what a computer.... my bro bought me a 40MB HDD for my birthday that year, i was in heaven!!!!!!

I had a coding partion of 5MB (doublespaced to 10MB), a 5 MB boot partion a, game and music partition... great it was!!!

in 1993, i bought a Gastiener 8MB Ram Card for £120, and enjoyed the full yummyness of Fast Ram and a 33mhz FPU

wow... anyway yes theres a trip down memory lane....
    [Reply]
    Graham Humphrey 20:09 22nd January 2008
    Bah, just when I thought I was safe from Zetr0 Welcome to the site man!

I got an A500+ when I was five in '91 and it's fair to say the Amiga made a bit of an impression on me
    [Reply]
    Zetr0 20:15 22nd January 2008
    @GH

damn they will just let any old frog-cat in here eh?

good to see ya floating around, and thanks for the welcome

Wow, if i had an A500+ at 5 years old..... i would of ruled the world by now!!!!
    [Reply]
    mkw 10:37 25th February 2008
    I was around 11-12 years old (I am now 29), and it was an A500. I still use it, and it runs as perfectly as it did the day when I got it.

(uh-uh, I hope I didn't jinx it now...)
    [Reply]
    Harrison 12:06 25th February 2008
    Saying things like that definitely seem to cause problems.

A500's are pretty robust though, unless they are stored in the loft and exposed to changing temperature and moisture.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    [Reply]
    TiredOfLife 17:24 3rd April 2008
    Originally Posted by mkw:
    I was around 11-12 years old (I am now 29), and it was an A500. I still use it, and it runs as perfectly as it did the day when I got it.

(uh-uh, I hope I didn't jinx it now...)
    Hopefully, you won't regret making that comment.
    Welcome to the forums.
    [Reply]
    Puni/Void 09:43 6th April 2008
    Welcome to the forum Mkw! Enjoy your stay! I'm sure your Amiga will be fine.
    [Reply]
    rayzorblue 19:57 20th May 2008
    I was 11 years and 26 days old when my Dad took delivery of my Amiga, I still have the receipt for it and I just checked it lol, is that really sad or did I know at the time what a seminal moment getting the Amiga 500 would be.
    [Reply]
    my_lo 12:59 19th June 2008
    I've sold my C64 in order to buy an A500. It was thanks to my neighbour and i'll never thank him enough for it...
    [Reply]
    Sharingan 11:53 14th September 2008
    14 or 15. I remember begging my parents to buy one because, supposedly, I'd be able to use it for school work. In retrospect, I don't think I've ever used the Amiga for any school-related work at all
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    Up