Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: What did you own before the Amiga?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
What did you own before the Amiga?
  • View Poll Results

3 4 5 6 7 8
    Thread: What did you own before the Amiga?
    rkauer 05:05 28th June 2012
    NEZ8000 (ZX80 clone)
    MSX (short lived)
    AT 286
    A500 (later with A590)
    A1200 (later with various accelerators, ending in 040. Really don't remember the brand right now)
    then I gave up and enter the pc world again in the great Amiga disbanding circa 98~99 <-this was the stupidest decision I ever made!
    [Reply]
    Kin Hell 13:29 28th June 2012
    Nothing. I just chose the best first time around.
    [Reply]
    Eleas 14:15 29th August 2014
    Originally Posted by :
    What did you own before the Amiga?
    My heart.

On a more serious note, I must have been around seven when my parents bought an A2000. There really wasn't time to squeeze anything in, barring an old ABC80 that didn't seem to work. And once I got to play on the Amiga, well at the risk of sounding melodramatic, there was no overwhelming need to touch the competition.
    [Reply]
    tolkien 07:57 4th September 2014
    I had a 48k speccy! Good times. I also learned a few things with an amstrad cpc and a zx81.
    [Reply]
    Storm 10:54 19th October 2014
    The good old C64 started this adventure for me
    [Reply]
    XLV2K 09:16 20th October 2014
    the home micro i used before the amiga, was a spectrum 128K ( still got it, works but the usual problems with the keyboard and some keys not responding has affected it ) and before that, a schmid tvg 2000 , a games console.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 10:24 21st October 2014
    You can get new membranes for spectrum keyboards to fix that. Have a look on Amibay.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    [Reply]
    Nosferax 14:17 4th May 2015
    Before the Amiga I had a C64, an Atari 800XL and a Trs-80 Coco 2.
    My first computer was a TRS-80 MC-10 with a 16k expansion. I learned Basic on it.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 19:18 4th May 2015
    Although we did have Tandy electrical stores in the UK, stocking everything an electronics enthusiast might need such as components, soldering etc through to radio controlled cars, walkmans and TVs, we never saw the Tandy computers in the UK (at least not AFAIK), so I've never seen one, but have played around a bit with TRS-80 emulation.

What would you recommend as the best games released for the system for someone new to it to try out?
    [Reply]
    Nosferax 23:08 4th May 2015
    Originally Posted by Harrison:
    Although we did have Tandy electrical stores in the UK, stocking everything an electronics enthusiast might need such as components, soldering etc through to radio controlled cars, walkmans and TVs, we never saw the Tandy computers in the UK (at least not AFAIK), so I've never seen one, but have played around a bit with TRS-80 emulation.

What would you recommend as the best games released for the system for someone new to it to try out?
    I believe it was release in Europe as the Dragon 32.

It was sold as a more serious computer. There were the usual classics available like space invaders and PAC man clone, many on rom pack. You could also expand it to 64k and run OS9 on it, a unix like os. It also used those terrible analog joystick without self center that had to be constantly adjusted.

I mostly use mine for bbsing since it offered a 64x32 screen mode while my Atari and C64 were limited to 40 character per line.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    3 4 5 6 7 8
    Up