Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: How did you get your first Amiga?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
How did you get your first Amiga?
  • View Poll Results

3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Thread: How did you get your first Amiga?
    Harrison 14:28 29th July 2008
    Now that would be telling!
    [Reply]
    KatManDEW 19:11 4th March 2009
    The Turbo XT "clones" had just become available. I went to a computer store in a nearby big city, where you could pick out all the components to build your own "IBM clone". After selecting all my components, the guy in the store asked me if I had considered an Amiga. I didn't know what an Amiga was, so he showed me the Amiga 1000. The color GUI blew me away (PC's were still text based, and just beginning to provide color). Then the guy in the store grabbed the Workbench with the mouse and drug it down to reveal a picture of a naked woman behind the Workbench, and that sealed the deal
    [Reply]
    Amigaman52 17:07 3rd April 2009
    My wife bought me my first Amiga for Christmas in 1989 and I got to use it three times before my Unit and I got shipped off to Desert Shield/Storm from Germany with the 2nd Support Command and I really did not want to leave my family alone in Germany but had too. I got back six months later and everyone and everything was doing very well. I have bought several Amiga's since that date and own both a Amiga 500 Plus and an Amiga 2500 fully loaded and both are up an running as I type this blog. Does anyone have "World Games" for sale on this site or "Robin Hood: Conquest of the Longbow" , both of these games were stolen from me during a move from Germany back to the States from my household goods.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 22:49 3rd April 2009
    If you are looking for some specific games I highly recommend taking a look at our sister site http://www.amibay.com You can post a wanted advert for any software you are looking for (if you want originals). Otherwise you could download the games as ADF files and then convert them back into floppy disks for use on the real Amiga.
    [Reply]
    Amigaman52 09:01 4th April 2009
    Hello Amiga Geru, I need to find out if the games for sale by places like you mentioned PAL or NTSC, I can't run PAL formated disk on my Amiga. I also need to know how you get on the site, I've tried until I'm blue in the face.

Mark
    [Reply]
    Harrison 10:36 4th April 2009
    When you register with Amibay, you then need to wait for one of us to authorise your registration before you can post. It's a security measure due to recent events with unhappy ex-members using multiple accounts to annoy the site.

If you post a wanted advert on amibay, just ask for NTSC games and I'm sure someone will come forward to help you out. And also feel free to post in any topics advertising games for sale, to ask them if they are NTSC versions.
    [Reply]
    Shoonay 08:44 16th June 2009
    we got one with my older brother
    [Reply]
    Harrison 11:21 16th June 2009
    That's quite a bonus... to get an Amiga bundled with your older brother!
    [Reply]
    Shoonay 14:13 16th June 2009
    lol, what's even better, he payed for it!
    [Reply]
    Phantom 11:33 6th March 2010
    My father back in 1991. I was 13 years-old, so no money from my own.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Up