Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Who created the best Amiga games?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Who created the best Amiga games?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4 5
    Thread: Who created the best Amiga games?
    Phantom 12:54 21st June 2011
    After Amiga years, yes, but what about before?
    [Reply]
    Harrison 13:05 21st June 2011
    They developed and published many games, as well as publishing many for other people. Some they developed themselves include Stryx, Microcosm, Nitro, Novastorm, Obliterator, and they co-developed quite a few such as Shadow of the Beast, which was between them and Ubisoft Reflections.

And even Lemmings was actually co-developed between them and Rockstar North.
    [Reply]
    Phantom 16:20 21st June 2011
    Yup, but possible the best Psygnosis games were done, not by Psygnosis itself, but by DMA Design or Reflections.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 09:19 22nd June 2011
    True. Reflections and DMA did produce some great games. For Psygnosis I think we can both agree that when we used to see a game with their name on you could pretty much guarantee it would be worth playing and a polished release.
    [Reply]
    Phantom 12:26 22nd June 2011
    I thought the same exactly.
    [Reply]
    Nosferax 16:46 4th May 2015
    Titus (run and hide before being kill with fire)
    [Reply]
    Harrison 19:30 4th May 2015
    Oh, they did have some good game releases among their rubbish.

My favourite was the puzzle game Titan. I played that for a long time before actually beating the game, and it was hard.

And their mascot game "Titus the Fox" was a pretty decent platformer on the Amiga, although I understand it wasn't so great on some other platforms such as the Game boy.

Definitely not the best developer by any means, but some good stuff.

There was also a top down multi-directional shooter called Battlestorm which was obviously based on Xevious and a few other arcade shooters with the multi-directional movement, and even the graphic styling, but it was still quite good.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4 5
    Up