Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Who created the best Amiga games?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Who created the best Amiga games?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4 5
    Thread: Who created the best Amiga games?
    Merlin 15:57 9th May 2007
    It helps when the one you want is on the list, LOL

Merlin
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 16:12 9th May 2007
    I cannot decide which one to take
    [Reply]
    v85rawdeal 16:14 10th May 2007
    I voted for the Bipmap Brothers, although it was a tough choice, primarily because I remember them to be a consistent force for the Amiga.

I would have chosen GameTek, but I would have choosing them on the strength of just one game, Frontier, and that doesnt smack of real consistency.
    [Reply]
    Toasty667 16:23 10th May 2007
    It's a bloody hard choice to be sure. I went with Team 17 just based on 2 games, Body Blows and Alien Breed 3D. Body Blows was at its best in two player. I may not have chose them if I didnt have a mate to play Body Blows with regularly because otherwise it was too frustrating.
    [Reply]
    Submeg 23:17 10th May 2007
    so Team 17 did that game? I couldnt remember who it was by....that was good fun that one
    [Reply]
    TiredOfLife 23:46 10th May 2007
    Would have thought Microprose would be onthe list.
    Civilization?
    [Reply]
    Harrison 00:40 11th May 2007
    I couldn't include every Amiga developer/publisher, hence the inclusion of the "Other" option if you thought another deserved the vote over those listed. In picking the ones I included I tried to include the ones who had released a lot of good games on the Amiga rather than just one or two titles.

Microprose maybe should have been in the list though as they did release some great titles. And especially as it was co founded by Sid Meier! Civilization, Railroad Tycoon, X-Com etc... all great games. And Microprose Golf was a favourite of mine that I played many times over the years. And not forgetting that they also released Geoff Crammond's Formula One! Oh and their label Microstyle, which saw releases such as Rick Dangerous 2 and Stunt Car Racer.

This poll was always going to generate many memories of developers/publishers that are not included purely because there were so many great companies involved with the development of Amiga games that I couldn't include them all.
    [Reply]
    J T 10:45 16th May 2007
    Sensible's games always had a strong sense of fun. I adored Wizkid, Mega-lo-mania was great, cannon fodder was pretty good too and Sensible Soccer acquired a near legendary status (although I never actually got all that into it as I didn't really get into footy until later on).
    [Reply]
    Sharingan 07:50 2nd July 2007
    Very hard choice, but I voted for Bitmap Brothers, because of the consistent quality of their games.

I'd have to honorably mention Sensible Software and Bullfrog as well, though. These are the rare kind of developers whom you can always trust to deliver quality stuff.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 12:51 2nd July 2007
    I loved the Bitmap Brothers graphical style with the shiny metal and character sprite design being mirrored across all of their games. Same was true of Sensible with a lot of their games sharing the little people graphics. Most developers these days just don't seem to have a unique design style that you can instantly recognise their games from in quite the same way as Amiga developers managed.

And it is very true about delivering quality stuff. You were almost guaranteed that purchasing a new game from the best Amiga developers would get you a brilliant game. Even without first reading reviews. Shame that isn't the case any more.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4 5
    Up