Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Amusing find on the Cinemaware site!
J T 19:01 12th May 2007
Shiz, I really should dig out those scans that I did ages ago, like maybe 2 years or more..... think I'd done F/A 18 Interceptor too Submeg. Ooops
[Reply]
Submeg 22:48 12th May 2007
Front cover,inside cover, credits, index of photos, contents, preface, pge 2 - 3,.....pge 76
[Reply]
AlexJ 00:28 13th May 2007
Originally Posted by Submeg:
Front cover,inside cover, credits, index of photos, contents, preface, pge 2 - 3,.....pge 76
Any blank pages between them? ('Dummy' blank pages need to be included so when the PDF is viewed as two-page layout, the two pages appear next to each other as they do in the actual manual.)
[Reply]
Submeg 00:52 13th May 2007
Well then:

blank
Front cover
blank
Inside cover
blank
credits
blank
photos

Then the rest
[Reply]
AlexJ 01:08 13th May 2007
Thanks. Two more things - the scan of page 13 has lost some of the text. Any chance this page could be redone? Also I can't see page 1 (Preface) anywhere. Have I just missed it or if it's not there can you reupload it.

Oh and is the back cover just a blank page or is there something on it (e.g. Company logo,copyright notice)?
[Reply]
AlexJ 09:28 14th May 2007
Okay, the rest of the pages are done and ready to go, just need the two/three missing ones now.
[Reply]
Submeg 13:17 14th May 2007
Just put those two pages up
[Reply]
AlexJ 17:17 14th May 2007
Thanks - the final PDF (unless you can find any mistakes in it) is now available on both the Documents Server and Uploads FTP Server (temporarily until it goes live on the main site).

The size looks a bit excessive to begin with (16.5MB) but across 88 pages, it's 192KB/page. The original scans were 44MB and the cropped & cleaned JPEGs were 25.5MB so it's about as much as it'll compress without starting to make it unreadable.
[Reply]
Submeg 21:33 14th May 2007
Yea I know its huge, but there are many pages and alot of stuff on them
[Reply]
AlexJ 22:48 14th May 2007
Very true, the Amiga manuals were almost book-like in terms of the coverage. I think it's great to have the complete manual available, and with the new server hopefully the size won't matter.

One thing I noticed, there doesn't appear to be any controls guide or anything in the manual. Was a seperate command summary/reference card manual included?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up