Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: TV series. What are you watching?
Harrison 10:20 17th April 2024
After the writers strike there was talk of a drought of new shows over the last 12 months, but this seems to be far from the truth. Already we have seen some amazing shows released.

For me the highlights so far have been:

Fallout
Shogun
Silo
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
For All Mankind
Masters of the Air

And others I've enjoyed include:

Constellation. Although that was a big hard going.

I've been trying to get into The Three Body Problem but after 3 episodes I'm just not that interested.

I'm about to start:

The Gentlemen
Discovery Season 5

I also tried to start watching the Scifi series Beacon 23 after reading the book it's based on but don't bother. It's awful! The only think it takes from the book is the location and a couple of small references. It shares nothing else in common with it. Shame as thy book was interesting. Good actors but bad script too.

By contrast the series Silo is a great adaptation from the book Wool. I read the whole trilogy after watching the series and wasn't disappointed in either. It even led me to read more of the authors work. Sand was good.

What have you been watching?
[Reply]
Kin Hell 14:45 18th April 2024
I'm not usually in this club, but with my back being broken these last five weeks, I've had to suck up to some TV time....

Shogun has been FAB so far, yet the translator Mariko appears to want to Die "more than ever" in the last two episodes.
Without spoiling anything for anyone, will we see her in Episode 10?

Fallout gave way to episode 9 of Shogun last night, so might get to see it fully this evening.
[Reply]
J T 01:55 26th April 2024
We just finished the first 2 seasons of Sweet Tooth (Netflix) - Lady T and I really enjoyed this, it felt like a bit of a revitalisation of the end-of-civilisation-as-we-know-it apocalypse type setting (which I think has got a little tired of late). The 3rd series is coming soon.

We started watching Halo on Paramount+. It was boring. So boring that I forgot I had already tried to watch the first episode a year or so ago. I don;t think we'll get past episode 2.

I'm keen to give Fallout a try, I've heard positive things about it.

The kids and I are also delving into the past and working our way through all the Mythbusters series, as well as Rocko's Modern Life - Rocko is still good but not as good as I remember it being.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 22:03 26th April 2024
Forum was down for long time and you're asking what we're watching

Coolness factor 11/10

We're at episode 6 for Fallout, is ok so far.
[Reply]
J T 23:50 Yesterday
Yeah DC has a point, we were mostly watching loading screens or browser error messages

Lady T and her sister watched the Waco documentary, and the one about the Twin Flames - man there's some weird cult shit out there. I fell asleep though, so I might have to watch them again.

Speaking of docos, have you seen the 3-parter on Netflix about Woodstock 99? That was absolutely wild, incredible, appalling, disgraceful.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:00 Today
Originally Posted by J T:
Speaking of docos, have you seen the 3-parter on Netflix about Woodstock 99? That was absolutely wild, incredible, appalling, disgraceful.
I have that one on my watch list.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up