Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Nintendo Switch must have games
Harrison 13:14 18th January 2024
Normally I wait until the end of some systems life before buying them if I've not been that interested in many games for them. The Switch was one of these. Normally you can catch up by buying games second hand but not with the Switch. They never seem to have many discounts and the secondhand games still command a premium.

Anyway we finally got a Switch at Christmas, the newer OLED version, and I'm now starting to create a list of must buy games.

So far we have:

Mario Kart 8
Switch Sports
Animal Crossing
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Mario Obyssey

My list of games to get includes:

Mario Wonder
Mario Party
Pikmin 4
Zelda Link's Awakening
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Luigi's Mansion 4
Super Smash Brothers
Winter Sports games

I'm only interested in Switch exclusives. I don't want any games petted from other systems or cross platform.

Out of the games we have so far Animal Crossing is easily the one played the most. The fishing and deep sea diving is strangely addictive.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:49 18th January 2024
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Mario Kart 8 is worth spending the 25€ extra for the booster course pass, they're so much worth it for a little price, I mean 48 tracks!!
[Reply]
Harrison 20:38 18th January 2024
I've got the extra booster pack for Mario Kart. Gor it as part of the Online subscription with the expansion pack. Same with Animal Crossing and the Paradise Island dlc as Tom was desperate to play that.

I'd forgotten about the Xenoblade series. I played the first one on the Wii. Will add them to my list.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 03:38 19th January 2024
The Touryst is also very nice, probably also for Tom.
[Reply]
J T 01:57 24th January 2024
Super Mario 3D World was originally released on Wii U, but the Switch has a version with 'Bowsers Fury' included.

Mario Maker was a riot on the Wii U, so if Mario Maker 2 is anything like that, then it's worth getting. Some of the creativity in the brief levels was staggering, like a bite-sized distilled essence.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:51 31st January 2024
One I'm really annoyed about for never buying was Mario All-Stars which included remasters of Mario 64, Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy. Although I didn't have a Switch at the time I had it bookmarked on Amazon as I read it was limited edition. I never bothered and you can't buy it now unless you find it second hand for £125+.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:56 31st January 2024
Mario is overrated anyway, forget about it.

The Touryst Dave
[Reply]
Harrison 00:30 1st February 2024
Mario have always been my favourite platformers. I used to play Super Mario Bros on the SNES a lot, but my favourite was Super Mario All Stars and the last levels on the SNES, which I recently read is meant to be one of the hardest Mario games. I managed to complete much of it back on the day after a lot of tries. Bet I couldn't now.

But my favourite remains Mario Sunshine on the Gamecube. Loved that game. Many didn't seem to and it always gets put down in reviews. It was more forgiving than Mario 64, but with similar gameplay.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:16 1st February 2024
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Mario have always been my favourite platformers. I used to play Super Mario Bros on the SNES a lot, but my favourite was Super Mario All Stars and the last levels on the SNES, which I recently read is meant to be one of the hardest Mario games. I managed to complete much of it back on the day after a lot of tries. Bet I couldn't now.

But my favourite remains Mario Sunshine on the Gamecube. Loved that game. Many didn't seem to and it always gets put down in reviews. It was more forgiving than Mario 64, but with similar gameplay.
And you just continue talking about Mario
[Reply]
J T 21:30 1st February 2024
Mario is great though, a consistently high level over all these years.

That being said, Wonder hasn't really grabbed me like I thought it would. I can clearly see it's incredibly well done and polished, lively and fun but I just cant be bothered.

That's probably more about me being gripped by ennui though,
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up