Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Merry Christmas 2023
Kin Hell 13:43 20th December 2023
Well guy's..... it's that time of the year.... Yet again.... (wtf>?)

Charlie & Debbie here in Cornwall, from the United Kingdom, wish you all a very, very.... "Happy Christmas" with the upmost & very "Best New Year Wishes" for 2024.

We hope you & your families all have an absolutely fantastic time!

[Reply]
Harrison 15:09 20th December 2023
FB_IMG_1702916487130.jpg
[Reply]
Kin Hell 15:44 20th December 2023
Originally Posted by Harrison:
FB_IMG_1702916487130.jpg
According to J T, I dealt a "Low Blow" in another post earlier, but....

Is that Emulated or on a Genuine Namco Ltd Arcade Box?

Merry Xmas Dave!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:25 21st December 2023
Originally Posted by Kin Hell:
According to J T, I dealt a "Low Blow" in another post earlier, but....

Is that Emulated or on a Genuine Namco Ltd Arcade Box?
You will end up getting banned

Ok then, my turn, although I'm absolutely not the XMas guy, my girlfriend loves it though, so I play along.

Merry Christmas to all the Classicamiga staff

Btw, I'm flying to Finland tomorrow afternoon until next year the 2nd.
[Reply]
J T 20:43 21st December 2023
Merry Christmas everyone! It's been good to see activity on the forum and a bit of vibrancy and banter!

Love to all of your families x
[Reply]
Harrison 10:47 29th December 2023
So did anyone get any nice presents from Christmas? Anythung retro?

My wife bought me a few things.

1, A Pacman ghost desktop light that cycles through the different ghost colours, or can interact with music. I've wanted one of those for a while so that was nice.

2, One of those cheap handheld retro game systems. It's really nasty and she admitted it was a bit rubbish. The plastic shell and feel of the controls are not great and the really small colour screen isn't great. But the worst thing is the sound which is really loud and high pitched. It has the ability to plug into a TV and comes with a seperare controller for player 2 when used with the TV. The second controller looks like a NES pad with extra buttons, but the plastic and buttons are worse then the main console.

When you start it the menu asks if you want Chinese or English every time you boot up, thrn you have a menu of 400 games in pages of 10 games. There's no way to organise them and they are not in any sort of order. You have to scroll through the pages from 1 every time. It does at least have proper arcade games on it and not Chinese clones. I've had a quick play of Double Dragon, Pacman, Space Invaders, Galaga etc. All ran fine, but really hard to play as the controls are so bad. I've seen these handhelds for sale on a lot of sites and they only cost £5-8 so fun for the price.

3, A mini Pacman arcade cabinet. One of those really small ones with an LCD screen and mini controls. Sadly I'd was dead when I put batteries in it so we have to return it to the shop.

Also got the yearly Star Wars socks, pants and T-Shirts, jeans and trousers etc and some chocolates.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 10:59 29th December 2023
Got PJs from the moomins, finnish novel characters which are super famous here. It’s basically every Christmas the same, she doesn’t know what to buy me because I already everything I want and then says she’s gonna buy me something later which eventually never happens.

I bought a Messika earring for her called JOY CŒUR, a 0.15-carat single pavé-set diamond earring, was quite expensive.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 07:35 30th December 2023
Yeah.....

Dominik in Switzerland sent me a Re-Amiga A1200 Box & on the back of it is a picture of a Purple Re-Amiga V1.5 A1200 PCB.

& forgot to say....

I upgraded to iBrowse v3.0a from v2.5.
[Reply]
J T 00:09 5th January 2024
I got the Lego ISS, which will go nicely with the Lego Saturn V and the Space Shuttle that sit on top of the bookshelf in the living room.

Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Got PJs from the moomins, finnish novel characters which are super famous here.
I remember the Moomins (or Moomintrolls as they sometimes were called here).
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up