Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Playstation games wrap-up
Demon Cleaner 18:43 12th December 2023
Just got a mail to wrap up the games I played in 2023, my top 5 were:

1. Assassin's Creed Odyssey: 89h (still not finished)
2. Rocket League: 78h (still playing that game )
3. Watchdogs Legion: 68h (finished main campaign, started the DLC)
4. NHL 23: 49h
5. FIFA 23: 35h
[Reply]
Kin Hell 18:11 16th December 2023
I don't have one, but the top 5 PC Games for me 2023 are:

Counter Strike Source (CS:S)
ForzaHorizon5
ForzaHorizon7
COD MW3 (Thankyou for skipping the BS K0ns0le interactive bollocks)
Counter Strike Source (CS:S)

CS:S..... It's all about the Game Play....
CS 2 is utter shite & plays just as bad as the first incarnation. - So much so, they're blinding the community with bullshit & no longer listing it's predecessor in your Steam Folder.

****wits!

It plays just as Sh!t as the first arse-ination but looks prettier still whilst still playing Sh!t!? - Dick Wads ffs....

& btw DC.....

I still play Fifa99 on a Retro PC.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:09 17th December 2023
1, Human Fall Flat
2, Minecraft Dungeons
3, Gran Turismo 7
4, Pacman Championship Edition 2
5, Everybody's Golf

Those were my most played games. 1 and 2 I play with my son. We completely the main games but continue to try and unlock the rest of the trophies. And 5 we all play multiplayer. Pacman I just play whenever I have 10 minutes. But also play that on PC and Steamdeck.

I've not actually been playing PS5 as much as I've wanted this year. Probably played more on Steam Deck. Good argument to get the Playstation Portal.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 10:24 17th December 2023
@ H

How do you find GT 7?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 07:57 18th December 2023
During the summer when the family was here from Finland we played GT7 with my steering wheel/pedal setup together with the PSVR2 and that is awesome, you truly feel like driving on your own.

Btw, did you mean Forza Motorsport 7?

I still play older FIFA games and loads of soccer games on my handhelds.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:07 18th December 2023
I've always been a big GT fan. I don't think any of them have quite captured the same magic as the first 2, but GT7 is a decent game.

To begin with it is a bit tedious as you have to work your way through cafe menus of cars. You keep being given a new menu of specific cars such as Mustangs or small Italian hot hatches and have to do specific races to unlock the cars and complete them to move on to the next, as well as this unlocking more tracks and opening up the customisation and docent garages to buy cars.

The licenses still exist and some of the parts car be really annoying to get. That has always been true for the whole series though.

There is not as much variety of cars as previous games, and some of my favourite tracks from older versions are still missing. But they do keep adding new tracks and extra cars.

One annoying thing is you can't sell unwanted cars unlit later on when you have unlocked a later menu. That used to be a great way to keep wunning unwanted cards and cashing them in in older versions.

I tend to play single player as the multiplayer is too amnoying with other players punting you off at corners too much and the penalty system penalising you unfairly.

Graphics look great in 4K. The PS5 doesn't use raytracing during the race, but adds it for the replays and for the photo mode. And as DC said VR2 is brilliant with the game. I don't own a VR2 but have tried it out. I play with a Logitech G29 wheel that isn't the best but good value for money. I've you get used to a wheel is far better then a controller. However the PS5 does utilise the heptics of the controls so you can feel the accelerator and brake pressure which is a nice feature.

I read many comparing GT7 to the new Forza, but you can't really as they are very different. GT7 graphics are definitely better, it's car physics and driving is more realistic etc whereas Forza is far more at the arcade end just to have fun racing with loads of cars and customisation. You have to be far more committed to get the most from GT7 compared to Forza. And neither are realistic stimulators. You have to look at the PC for that.

The one flaw of GT7, which also effected older games is that once you have unlocked everything it becomes a grind to earn money for the best cars. And the rarer cars only get offered for short time so if you don't have the money you miss out.
[Reply]
J T 20:54 18th December 2023
Is the Pikes Peak Suzuki still in the game? That thing was rad in GT3, which was the last time I played a GT.

My favourite car was the race spec Viper with the PS sponsorship on it, it looked BADASS.

I was pretty bad at the game though.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 13:29 20th December 2023
@ DC

Yes bud & apologies.... Forza Motorsport 7

@ H

Same old then regarding the slow crap to start & yardy ya ya.....

Interesting you say FM7 is graphically better than GT7....

Just waiting for RTX 5 series in 2025..... With PCIe 5 Support.....

@ thread

I'm just a PC nut & what I see is mentally awesome in Forza.... period!

My screen Res is 7860 x 1440 @ 240Hz with G-Sync & whilst it might see as low as 90 FPS occasionally on my water cooled RTX3080 Ti, it doesn't miss a beat with everything set to ULTRA!
[Reply]
Harrison 15:18 20th December 2023
Assuming that's a wind up?

As mentioned above GT7 graphics are far better than Forza.

And gameplay wise Forza games have always been fun but have comedy car handling and customisation clearly aimed at the US market.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 15:36 20th December 2023
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Assuming that's a wind up?

As mentioned above GT7 graphics are far better than Forza.

And gameplay wise Forza games have always been fun but have comedy car handling and customisation clearly aimed at the US market.
No H... NOT a wind up in any manner.....

But don't forget.....

You Lounge Lizard Konsole Players will not accept that a PC with a Top End CPU & GPU blows away ANY Konsole in every manner.

The truth of the matter is GT7 & all it's predecessors was only meant for Sony's "Play Station!"

There is no comparison bud & you know it. - Problem is, folk like you front AMD over Intel & nVidia whilst hard-core Enthusiasts like me bask in the power & glory.
Most Konsole players just don't want to spend the money or even contemplate the experience.

Take all the "assists" off in Forza & then you're talking.....
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up