Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Amiga Game Selector (AGS)
Harrison 15:13 20th December 2023
But for most it does just come down to an easy life. Download and copy to a usb stick, plug it in and play a list of thousands of games. Most are just trying to relive their youth with the Amiga and their favourite games. They are not bothered about total accuracy.

Some will them will be bitten by the bug and expand their refound Amiga hobby and go in search of more accuate hardware, but for most they will just be happy to be able to run and replay the games. That's all AGS is about and for.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 15:42 20th December 2023
Originally Posted by Harrison:
But for most it does just come down to an easy life. Download and copy to a usb stick, plug it in and play a list of thousands of games. Most are just trying to relive their youth with the Amiga and their favourite games. They are not bothered about total accuracy.

Some will them will be bitten by the bug and expand their refound Amiga hobby and go in search of more accuate hardware, but for most they will just be happy to be able to run and replay the games. That's all AGS is about and for.
Yeah H......

Forget the Quality & enjoy the width!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 03:10 21st December 2023
Originally Posted by Kin Hell:
Forget the Quality & enjoy the width!
To be honest, I'm also not bothered by total accuracy, as long as it runs the game fine.

What do you even need total accuracy for? How do you even notice if the game is not running 100% accurate?
[Reply]
J T 03:43 21st December 2023
If it was totally accurate I'd be playing it on a crappy 14" portable TV through the shitty RF modulator, and sound coming through my Sharp dual-tape-deck boom box, while I'm sat on a really uncomfortable office chair that got rescued from a skip, in a bedroom thinking about how awesome it'll be when I'm less of an awkward teen and finally start getting the chicks.

Actually, the boom box was pretty rad.
[Reply]
Harrison 01:49 23rd December 2023
That reminded me of my computer setup before I built a proper desk. I had a board resting across two chest of draws for my desk and 2 old dinning room chairs we had inherited. During a quite heared multiplayer game the chair I was sat on collapsed. I was left with my legs sticking out through the top and my friend laughing his head off.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up