Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Strange Windows Explorer behavior
Demon Cleaner 13:27 6th October 2023
I usually leave my PC on, just switch my TV off, and the next time I use it, I just need to switch my TV back on and can continue where I left.

Switching my TV back on shows first the desktop for 3-4 seconds, then the screen gets black again and it switches back on, I guess that's due to the screen resolution, it just adjust then again to 4K.

For around 1 week now, basically it's still the same when I turn the TV on but my Windows Explorer(s) just close, which is quite annoying as I have usually several open aligned next to each other. I does that all the time now.
[Reply]
Harrison 02:03 9th October 2023
I suspect when you turn the TV on, and you describe the screen going black then back on, the resolution is adjusting, which isn't unusual.

The Windows Explorer windows closing sounds like explorer.exe is crashing. And as you leave your PC on it could be a cache issue. Trying clearing the cache and a full reboot, and that might solve the issue for a time.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 07:52 9th October 2023
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I suspect when you turn the TV on, and you describe the screen going black then back on, the resolution is adjusting, which isn't unusual.
What I mentioned.

Clearing cache doesn't help, tried that already.

I'm having the same issue now with TeknoParrot, games launch and change resolution, once the game is closed, Explorer closes too.
[Reply]
J T 21:37 9th October 2023
Have you considered buying a new screen, a new PC, all new cables, perhaps a new home for all these things, and also perhaps offering a sacrifice to the A/V gods?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 07:14 17th October 2023
It seems to be fine now again, could have been nVidia drivers, I updated to the newer ones 2 days ago, but cannot remember exactly when the drivers changed, so I don't know for sure, but the problem is not existing now anymore. Will see.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 21:33 17th October 2023
Could have been the nVidia Driver DC.

I went from 537.34 to 537.58 & had issues spanning 3 x IPS Panels whilst keeping the Task Bar on the middle monitor.

Since putting 545.84 (7 days after 537.58) all has been good again.

Will see too.
[Reply]
J T 22:50 17th October 2023
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
It seems to be fine now again, could have been nVidia drivers, I updated to the newer ones 2 days ago, but cannot remember exactly when the drivers changed, so I don't know for sure, but the problem is not existing now anymore. Will see.
It's equally probable that my excellent advice - even if you didn't take it - made a difference
[Reply]
Kin Hell 09:17 18th October 2023
Originally Posted by J T:
Have you considered buying a new screen, a new PC, all new cables, perhaps a new home for all these things, and also perhaps offering a sacrifice to the A/V gods?
Originally Posted by J T:
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
It's equally probable that my excellent advice - even if you didn't take it - made a difference
ROFL J T
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up