Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: GeForce NOW
Kin Hell 13:04 15th September 2023
Has anyone tried or signed up for this service from nVidia?

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce-now/

Apparently, you can sign up for a free trial account & then run one of nVidia's speed test suites to determine packet loss, ping time & such to their servers. They suggest a max of 80ms but suggest 40 is better. Damn it nVidia, if I can't ping in game @ 20ms, I see Lag & unbelievable BS.

I'm looking ahead for a change here....

Harrison..... At last fella....we're getting Full Fibre sometime real soon! They've been up & down our poles these last couple of weeks getting stuff ready for the drops into our properties.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:04 16th September 2023
That's good news.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 17:26 16th September 2023
Originally Posted by Harrison:
That's good news.
Yes.... it is regarding.....

Originally Posted by Kin Hell:
<snip>

Harrison..... At last fella....we're getting Full Fibre sometime real soon! They've been up & down our poles these last couple of weeks getting stuff ready for the drops into our properties.
But....

Originally Posted by Kin Hell:
Has anyone tried or signed up for this service from nVidia?

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce-now/

Apparently, you can sign up for a free trial account & then run one of nVidia's speed test suites to determine packet loss, ping time & such to their servers. They suggest a max of 80ms but suggest 40 is better. Damn it nVidia, if I can't ping in game @ 20ms, I see Lag & unbelievable BS.

<snip>
Guessing you have an AMD Gfx card with no comment about the Subject!?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 21:02 16th September 2023
I have nVidia, but I don't see now the purpose of signing up for this? So no comment from me I guess
[Reply]
Kin Hell 19:08 17th September 2023
Its almost like cloud Gaming I guess. No need for huge downloads. Just log in to your account on any device you have that is capable & game away.....
[Reply]
J T 22:47 17th September 2023
GeForce NOW would have seemed like the future, if it was announced some time ago.

Geforce YESTERDAY, amirite?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up