Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Future of classicamiga
Kin Hell 17:41 29th October 2023
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I've decided the first thing to do is get the forums migrated to the new Xenforo forum software. Once that's done we can tinker with it and have a play around with what it can do and try some plugins out.

I agree a simplified and cleaner look might be good if possible. Also merging some of the subforums down might be good too.

Then once happy and it's looking and working well I will send out a message to all older members to see if they want to visit again. But before that I might reach out to specific people who might be interested in generating content for the site before older members take a look.

I have many ideas but as the forum software needs to be done anyway that's the first step. We can think forward more once that's done.

Will be starting planning this coming Autumn. I was going to say once the weather is worse but here in the UK it's really bad the last 2 weeks with heavy rain. 

Post #10 - 02/08/2023....

A step "well overdue"....

This thread could hurt Dave.... Here's a reminder all the same bud!

& Yeah...It's still pissing down here in the UK!
[Reply]
Harrison 20:55 30th October 2023
That was put on the back burner for the moment as I've far more important things to do, plus I don't want to spend money to buy the XenForo software at the moment.

Priorities definitely change over time. The first 10+ years of Classicamiga I devoted hours each day to it. Now instead I devote his to helping Tom with his homework and working on my flood defenses over the last week as the whole area in flooding badly.
[Reply]
J T 21:26 30th October 2023
[S]Pfft, slacker[/S]

A more than reasonable and appropriate approach. It'd be nice to see new developments but they can wait.

- - - Updated - - -

I now realise the 'strikethrough' tags are from another forum, not this one. lolz
[Reply]
Kin Hell 08:53 4th November 2023
I remember your other house for Flooding Harrison! - You don't have a great deal of luck finding a dry home eh!
[Reply]
J T 23:25 5th November 2023
It's not flooded, it's a water-cooled house.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:20 6th November 2023
That's the problem with living in West Sussex. Great county until it rains heavily. Very low lying so the water table gets very high. Should really have moved to the top of a hill!

It's not my house flooding thankfully where I live now. It's just the bottom of our garden, but our Garden room/studio is down there, so I needed to try and protect that from the water. I think we are ok. I'm now planning to dig a large balance pond in the lowest corner where it starts to fill up. Then hopefully that will hold the majority of any future flood water. Also condering putting a couple of soakaways in, but I need to talk to some experts about that and if it would be worth the money or a waste of time. If the ground is already saturated would they actually help?

BTW, a couple of local cyclists posted a video of the floods we currently have aimed here. They cycled adding the area filming. Will post a link to the video later so you can see how bad it was.
[Reply]
StuKeith 13:52 18th November 2023
Are you still in Chichester way Dave? I pop in every now and then to see any updates, but as you say, it's been pretty stagnant over the last few years. I am regularly attending amiga meets now with SWAG, and have upgraded my amiga with a pi storm and placed it into a tower.

Amiga will always be in the hearts of owners, they just need to be reminded how good it is every now and then!
[Reply]
Harrison 00:55 19th November 2023
Yes, I now live between Chichester and Bognor Regis. Sold the house that kept flooding in 2015 and moved to where we are now.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 09:38 19th November 2023
Originally Posted by J T:
It's not flooded, it's a water-cooled house.
F'narr!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up