Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Do you own a PS3?
AlexJ 22:53 7th May 2007
Here's a good one. One of the guys I know with a PS3 tried to get the Spiderman3 game today. Of course Spiderman 3's a Sony film, so of course you'd expect the game to come out on their flagship console. The logos even use the same font:

Turns out it's released on every other format (Wii, 360, PSP, PS2) but the PS3, where it'll be released in 10 days time (and 14 days in total after the other formats).

The different parts of Sony just don't speak to each other do they...
[Reply]
Toasty667 22:56 7th May 2007
On the memory card subject aparently there will be an adaptor released I heard today. So that's some good news.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 00:55 8th May 2007
I have Spiderman 3 (for PS2), but I didn't test it yet. It got some very bad reviews though, worst Spiderman game ever. As for the font, I already saw that when the PS3 got released, as Spiderman 2 already used the same font.
[Reply]
AlexJ 08:17 8th May 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
As for the font, I already saw that when the PS3 got released, as Spiderman 2 already used the same font.
So it does... and the first film as well. One has to ask then, why Sony decided to use a font that had been used on a 5-year old movie franchise on a £425 games console, when they already had a recognised PlayStation font and designing a new font would have cost a tiny fraction of the total development cost.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:09 8th May 2007
There are only so many well designed fonts in existence that stand out and look different from each other. Maybe Sony already owned the rights to that Font so decided to use it again. Definitely looks OK in my view.

I think they wanted to give the PS3 more of a complete home entertainment feel with the new font, compared to the existing Playstation fonts used in the past that have mainly been associated with gaming only.

And that is good news about the memory card adaptor. Is that a Sony or third party product?
[Reply]
Toasty667 15:23 8th May 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:

And that is good news about the memory card adaptor. Is that a Sony or third party product?
Both Sony and third parties will be making them.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:28 8th May 2007
That's good. Although some third party devices are good, I always find you get a much better constructed product from Sony. And the plastics they use and finish is always better.
[Reply]
Submeg 02:20 9th May 2007
Thank god for that...otherwise it would have been impossible to play FFXII
[Reply]
Harrison 09:08 9th May 2007
Unless they release an updated HD version of FFXII for the PS3 that is! That could make me go out and purchase both a PS3 and HDTV within minutes of hearing such a release was due.
[Reply]
Submeg 13:08 9th May 2007
I second that...

WAIT! imagine if they remade VII in HD!!!! DROOOOOL!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up