Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Access to your Steam Library is ending.
J T 03:00 5th June 2023
Originally Posted by :
That is true. Although there is always something about working in a large computer room with rows of them and the hum of all the fans and hdds.
Yeah, i get that - there's something about the loud clicking and whirring, especially of computers from the late 90s, that I find warm and charming (nostalgia, of course).

Not that I'd want to go back to that, but sometimes it's nice to have an audible cue that the computer is doing something, especially when it's working hard. The macbook air I'm typing this on is by comparison an astonishing machine and so so silent BUT sometimes I feel like I want to know it's actually exerting itself.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:12 7th June 2023
It's similar to the unnerving silence of EV cars. Some are so quiet as they start moving it just seems strange. I want to hear an engine accelerating. To be able to hear the power.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 14:58 9th June 2023
Originally Posted by Harrison:
That is true. Although there is always something about working in a large computer room with rows of them and the hum of all the fans and hdds.
Originally Posted by J T:
Originally Posted by :
Yeah, i get that - there's something about the loud clicking and whirring, especially of computers from the late 90s, that I find warm and charming (nostalgia, of course).

Not that I'd want to go back to that, but sometimes it's nice to have an audible cue that the computer is doing something, especially when it's working hard. The macbook air I'm typing this on is by comparison an astonishing machine and so so silent BUT sometimes I feel like I want to know it's actually exerting itself.
Yeah yeah.... Me too!

Originally Posted by Harrison:
It's similar to the unnerving silence of EV cars. Some are so quiet as they start moving it just seems strange. I want to hear an engine accelerating. To be able to hear the power.
As you wish.....

https://www.sound-booster.com/en/set...c-vehicle.html
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up