Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Amazon Prime
Harrison 09:24 15th January 2024
I was referring to the James Webb telescope which is in deep space and not effected by Earth rotation. It orbits the sun, not the Earth. And it's images take a lot more to process than most images captured by a traditional telescope.

https://webbtelescope.org/contents/a...or-images-made

BTW, I know many do use Lightroom, and I have as a glorified image library tool since it launched, but it's no replacement for Photoshop to really work on an image. Lightroom has recently seen a big update that has added some much needed extra features and abilities, but if you have been using Photoshop for years it feels like trying to edit images with a hand tied behind your back.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:33 15th January 2024
BTW, your link has made me remember I was going to look into getting a proper T ring DSLR adapter for my telescope and Canon camera. To date I've just used an eyepiece adapter that came with my telescope. It does work but not like having the camera using the scope like an actual lens attached directly. I have managed some great images of the moon this way and some images of Saturn. But my telescope isn't that great. Just a starter one that was a couple of hundred to use with my son. Really want one I can hook up to a computer and have a proper tracking tripod head. But that's expensive.
[Reply]
J T 03:40 25th January 2024
What are your pictures of Saturn like?
[Reply]
Harrison 12:59 31st January 2024
I've not got around to trying Saturn properly yet. We did see it through the telescope but not taken any pictures.

Just looked it up and it's most visible in August when it will be the closest to us. Need to remember that and try to get some good shots.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up