Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Pac-Man - Championship Edition 2
Harrison 09:21 2nd November 2022
I've been a big fan of the Pac-Man Championship edition games since they first came out on the PS3. I'd been playing the second one for a long time on PS Now, but when Sony merged Now with PS Plus recently for some reason they removed it.

I was going to buy it on PS4/5 for £9.99, but as I have been playing the first game on the Steam Deck I checked on Steam, but it was the same price. But I had a look around and just managed to grab it for £0.87 on G2A.com.

So I'm happy again. Runs perfectly on the Steam Deck. I would say the D Pad on the deck maybe isn't as quick as the PS4 controller at cornering. Might try with the analogue stick later.

Why not grab a copy on G2A and we can compete for scores?

Annoyingly I had unlocked everything on the PS version so it's going to take some work to get back to where I was. I will probably grab the PS version again when in a sale though.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 06:08 3rd November 2022
Pac-Man is a game I never really liked, tried the championship edition years ago, which unfortunately didn't change my opinion. Although I must admit that Tetris is worse
[Reply]
J T 06:44 17th November 2022
I absolutely suck at pac man but I think the intro jingle and the sound effects are loud and funny.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:24 17th November 2022
It's one of those games that's so simple but actually quite hard to survive for long to begin with. But then you get it and fall into a pattern. I used to be able to loop through the levels on the Atari 2600 version back in the day. Same with Space Invaders.

Regarding this Championship 2 game, it suddenly came up on offer for PS5 the other day. Reduced from £9.99 to under £3 so Ive got it in both platforms now.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up