Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Just right for Christmas
Harrison 20:53 20th December 2022
This year has been rubbish and it looks like it will continue like that until the end.

There's been a horrible cold/flu everyone is catching. It lasts for weeks and everyone is getting this same dry barking cough that just won't go away. . Nearly everyone I know has it.

My wife came home from work Friday feeling really ill. Had to rush to the doctor as really bad asthma and coughing. Her temperature was 38.7. She's on about 5 different drugs. Then Saturday afternoon Tom said he wasn't feeling great. That night his temperature was 37.8 and he's not wanted to eat anything.

Now I've developed the same and am off work with a chest infection and having to take steroids and antibiotics. And my doctor has changed my asthma medication too.

And we just heard some of our friends have Covid.

So it's going to be a great Christmas for everyone. My parents are meant to be coming over Christmas day but they are worried about catching whatever we have as they are both getting old and have their own health conditions.

Just hoping what we have cleared up in time. Last year we were meant to go to my parents on the 28th for my birthday, but my wife came down with Covid on Boxing day, so my birthday was cancelled.

I'm getting the feeling Christmas is becoming jinxed.

I hope everyone else is feeling ok and has a great sickness free Christmas.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 00:28 21st December 2022
I had Covid 19 after Christmas 2021, and I had some weird infection at the end of August, where I had vomiting, diarrhoea, etc, but I've no idea what caused that. At the moment, I'm fine.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 02:41 21st December 2022
That definitely sounds awful. We are fine at the moment, and so far we also didn't have Covid yet, at least not that I know of, besides my headaches in London, which were strange, but 2 straight tests were negative although no PCR.

We're staying home this year for XMas and we're going to my parents, usually we change every year, once Finland then home, but the last 3 years we have been to Finland thus we stay here this year.

Yesterday we came home from a 4 day trip to the Champagne and the last day both of us felt a bit tired and thought we might get a flu, but the day after everything was fine again. Hopefully it'll stay like that.
[Reply]
Harrison 06:58 21st December 2022
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
I had Covid 19 after Christmas 2021, and I had some weird infection at the end of August, where I had vomiting, diarrhoea, etc, but I've no idea what caused that. At the moment, I'm fine.
We both had Covid for the second time at half term end of October. Wasn't quite as bad as the first time, but we both feel like we carried on having a dry cough until we developed what we have now. Very strange.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 10:15 24th December 2022
Originally Posted by Harrison:
This year has been rubbish and it looks like it will continue like that until the end.

There's been a horrible cold/flu everyone is catching. It lasts for weeks and everyone is getting this same dry barking cough that just won't go away. . Nearly everyone I know has it.

My wife came home from work Friday feeling really ill. Had to rush to the doctor as really bad asthma and coughing. Her temperature was 38.7. She's on about 5 different drugs. Then Saturday afternoon Tom said he wasn't feeling great. That night his temperature was 37.8 and he's not wanted to eat anything.

Now I've developed the same and am off work with a chest infection and having to take steroids and antibiotics. And my doctor has changed my asthma medication too.

And we just heard some of our friends have Covid.

So it's going to be a great Christmas for everyone. My parents are meant to be coming over Christmas day but they are worried about catching whatever we have as they are both getting old and have their own health conditions.

Just hoping what we have cleared up in time. Last year we were meant to go to my parents on the 28th for my birthday, but my wife came down with Covid on Boxing day, so my birthday was cancelled.

I'm getting the feeling Christmas is becoming jinxed.

I hope everyone else is feeling ok and has a great sickness free Christmas.
Nope.... Third Shit Xmas for us....

Last two Xmas's were completely fubar thanks to COVID Jabs..... the last ones being our 3rd booster.....

This year, I'm now on day 2 of Amoxicillin (3 x 500mg for 5 days) in order to clear a seriously bad chest infection & Deb has had a cold from hell for two weeks now.

Merry f'kin Christmas!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:36 24th December 2022
Wtf guys? I feel really sorry for you. I have been in Finland for Christmas the last 3 years and everything was fine. This year, meaning tonight, I'm going to my parents, although mom called me to tell me that she has a flu, made a Covid test which was negative. So I'm going there later, making boeuf bourguignon now here at home to take with, my parents just live across the street, opposite house.

Fingers crossed, so far no Covid in my close family, I didn't have any flu yet although I'm really prone to that shit. My father is in the best shape, better than myself, my best friend just came by to give us a Christmas present and told me that his father is in hospital since 2 weeks and not being well at all, can't even walk. And he was always super healthy, no smoking, no alcohol and stuff. He's 10 years older than my father, born in 1937.

Everything seems to be random.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:38 25th December 2022
Originally Posted by Kin Hell:
Nope.... Third Shit Xmas for us....

Last two Xmas's were completely fubar thanks to COVID Jabs..... the last ones being our 3rd booster.....

This year, I'm now on day 2 of Amoxicillin (3 x 500mg for 5 days) in order to clear a seriously bad chest infection & Deb has had a cold from hell for two weeks now.

Merry f'kin Christmas!
Sounds like the same thing we've had. I've also been on Amoxicillin x 3 for 5 days. Plus Prednisolone steroids 8x tablets in one go for 5 days. And I've now been put on a Fostair inhaler for my asthma. That really seems too of helped.

Ours started with a dry hacking cough that just wouldn't go away for weeks, turn developed into this. Loads of people seem to have it.

I actually changed doctors surgery at the start of this week as my old surgery just kept saying it would clear up on it's own, or I couldn't even get through. And they were not being helpful with my asthma either. Registered with this new one on Monday and I was registered and talking to someone Tuesday morning. Instantly said I needed antibiotics and help with my asthma. And I can pick up prescriptions electronically from a small pharmacy one road away from my home. Before I had to drive to the old doctors, pick up the prescription then go into the pharmacy next door to it and queue for 20 minutes. Wish I'd changed ages ago.

I'm thankfully feeling a lot better for tomorrow. Hope you are feeling better soon.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 06:45 27th December 2022
Strangely enough same thing happened also to us now, Saturday mom was feeling bad, so bad that in the evening she was only lying in bed feeling horrible, so us 3 only ate some snacks, didn't even open presents.

On Sunday evening I had to cancel the family lunch for yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon my girlfriend started to have fever and staid almost the whole day in bed, I woke her up this morning like 10 minutes ago but she's sick.

She works from home today anyway but I think she will call in sick, I was supposed to go to the office and the cleaning lady was supposed to come here, but I had to cancel that also yesterday evening. So I will work from home now, rather have an eye on her if it gets worse.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:01 27th December 2022
That's not good. Hope you are all feeling better soon.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 08:21 28th December 2022
Neither of us have COVID but I'm in a queue now for the Doc's again. - 5 Days of Amoxicillin & I'm still coughing green sh!t.

I've done 7 day's without a roll up now, so as good a time to quit as any.

Dunno where this is going. I daren't go out to the doc's as I have a huge blotchy rash on my legs. No rash anywhere else yet so hoping it isn't Scarlett Fever.

Thanks for the well wishes H.

@ DC

This is all another extension of COVID & those flipper munching f'kers are having another COVID crisis in Beijing.

As JT said a while back..... Nuke 'em from space!

Old man.... signing off!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up