Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Windows 11
Demon Cleaner 19:41 13th November 2022
Ok. I don’t know what you mean when talking about apps though? Is the explorer an app? Is Chrome an app? Is Paint.net an app? What’s an app? I use the same “programs” I used 30 years ago, the same, if you wanna call them apps now
[Reply]
J T 20:36 13th November 2022
I quite like rounded window corners.

I have very little else to add.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 21:59 13th November 2022
Originally Posted by J T:

[Reply]
Harrison 00:43 14th November 2022
I hate the attempt to call everything Apps now too. This started with Windows 8 when M$ tried to make the OS a tablet/desktop hybrid. And the App store idea as hung around ever since. I just don't think it fits with a desktop OS. Esoecially when it's a bit of a confusing mess because you have seperate ways to install something now to confuse.
[Reply]
J T 01:04 15th November 2022
Would you be happy if they were called desktop applications? That's a bit long, so what about just calling them applications?

And if that can be shortened too, what about that?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Originally Posted by J T:

Team rounded-windows, we kick ass
[Reply]
Harrison 11:29 15th November 2022
To me the use of "App" indicates a mobile application for tablets and phone. For computers I always call them programs because unlike a more constrained OS like android and iOS a program can be more then just an App. With an Application being a full program like Word or Photoshop, but other programs like Regedit or a virus checker are utilities, not an application.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 13:47 15th November 2022
Originally Posted by Harrison:
To me the use of "App" indicates a mobile application for tablets and phone. For computers I always call them programs because unlike a more constrained OS like android and iOS a program can be more then just an App. With an Application being a full program like Word or Photoshop, but other programs like Regedit or a virus checker are utilities, not an application.
+1

WinBl0ws has a specific folder for Programs.... Also one for 32Bit (x86 shit) on an x64 install.... If you're a "One Partition Only" kind of a Guy/Gal......

And they were Programs on the Amiga too..... But never ever on a single Partition to your entire drive storage...........................................................^

& I'll be taking this sh!t to my final resting place....

Not long now.... Sixty came & went on Sunday the 13th ffs....
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:26 15th November 2022
Originally Posted by Harrison:
But what's the difference if only how they're called I don't care if they say utility program or utility app as long as it is what I need.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up