Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: New to emulation
ali541 20:53 29th April 2007
hi all i am new to the forum but an avid amiga fan since i was in my nappied. can anyone help me. i need an aamiga emulator that actually work with games and loads of demos. can anyone help or give me dumys guide on where and how to downsload these vital bits so i can re-live my old days/

if you can either send me amessage here or email me at ali541@hotmail.co.uk

look forward to hearing from you
[Reply]
AlexJ 22:37 29th April 2007
Hi ali541 and welcome to the Classicamiga forums,

We have a guide on the main part of the site which may be of use to you, it details what you need and how to configure it. Let us know if you're having trouble following any of it, and we'll do our best to help out. I've also sent you a PM with another link you may find useful in it.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:44 30th April 2007
Hello ali541. Welcome to the forum

As Alex mentioned, there is a guide to getting started with emulation on the main site. The guide can be found here:

http://www.classicamiga.com/index.ph...d=3&Itemid=130

You may need a copy of the kickstart files and some information on where to find adf's of Amiga games and demos. If so let me know and I will give you some more information.
[Reply]
ali541 12:39 30th April 2007
cheers guys thanks for the quik responses will give the guide a whizz now if i have any problems will contact u lot. cheers again

where can i get a leagal kickstart rom image im looking for the a500 version. i guessi cam stuk pretty fast
[Reply]
Submeg 12:43 30th April 2007
yea that is the nasty part, they are difficult to find indeed
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:52 30th April 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
If so let me know and I will give you some more information.
There you go.
[Reply]
AlexJ 14:47 30th April 2007
Originally Posted by ali541:
cheers guys thanks for the quik responses will give the guide a whizz now if i have any problems will contact u lot. cheers again

where can i get a leagal kickstart rom image im looking for the a500 version. i guessi cam stuk pretty fast
Did you get my Private Message? If not go to Google, type in Amiga Kickstart Roms (with no quotation marks) and press "I'm feeling lucky". A500 is Kickstart v1.3
[Reply]
ali541 21:32 30th April 2007
cheers man just downloaded it. now got to find the adf files i remember somepages where there was some amioga games and demos. i will get in touch again if i need help
[Reply]
Harrison 00:25 1st May 2007
Have a look at http://www.planetemu.net They host the current complete TOSEC collection of Amiga games in adf format.
[Reply]
Tomski 23:07 20th August 2007
Hello.

I've downloaded the emulator as an installer and it is now installed.

Please could I have a little help with the next steps please??
I'm not sure if I've acquired a kickstart ROM or not.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up