Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Star Citizen still has no release date
Harrison 08:20 21st September 2022
Star Citizen, the space trading game, launched its crowdfunding campaign in 2012.

10 years later there is still no release date, but the crowdfunding continues and has now hit $500 Million. That's right, half a Billion dollars.

And rather than concentrating on getting the core game finished and released they have been doing things like making car racing games within the game. Mad.

Will it ever be released?

Even more ironic is that the continued work on No Mans Sky since its release has delivered everything Star Citizen promised.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 08:49 21st September 2022
Very true, that's also why I didn't jump on the hype train. Looks awesome and promising, but if nothing ever comes out of it, it's dead.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:56 21st September 2022
Problem is, with a project this long in development the game engine they began with will be so out of date now that they have to develop a new one to keep up with current technology. They just need to get on with the main spaceship flying, combat, docking and walking around spacestations parts released, then concentrate on the rest. As Elite did.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:49 21st September 2022
I bought Everspace 2, didn't play it so far, but with all the updates and content it already has, it's just amazing.

I also bought Chorus, seems to be a very nice space shooter.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:44 22nd September 2022
Everspace is a great game. I've not played the second one yet, but it's the space game worth playing if you don't want the grinding and hassles of Elite.

The game will be released on Xbox and PS5 spring 2023 too.

Have you played No Mans Sky since all the updates and fixes took place? That is one space game that went from an initial disappointment to a great game. It now has so much content and scope to do whatever you like. Works really well in VR too.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:07 22nd September 2022
I played No Man's Sky recently, but lately it crashes a lot, like every 30 minutes, and I have to restart from an older save, very annoying, one reason why I stopped again.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:47 22nd September 2022
Was that on PC? I own it on PC, but I've been playing the updated version on PS5 in 4K and that's been really stable and looks great too. Plus it utilises the heptic feedback.
[Reply]
J T 23:05 22nd September 2022
Are people still funding this now? I mean, it does seem a crazy amount with nothing to show.

To think we had all those Duke nukem Forever memes back then.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 08:23 23rd September 2022
Playing on PC, cheats, remember
[Reply]
Harrison 13:04 23rd September 2022
Originally Posted by J T:
Are people still funding this now? I mean, it does seem a crazy amount with nothing to show.

To think we had all those Duke nukem Forever memes back then.
Exactly. Duke Nuken Forever instantly springs to mind whenever I see this game mentioned. 10 years, half a Billion collected and no game. It is mad. Any other industry and there would be a lot of demands or law suits taking place
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up