Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread: NFL in London, I'm coming
Demon Cleaner 11:34 8th October 2022
Today is more Packers day, going over London bridge to Belushi’s bar, a Packers bar where there in some event, CEO of the Packers showing up plus 3 alumni of the Packers also are. It’s 1.8km away so there’s some sightseeing involved.

Yesterday evening we had a really nice dinner in a Lebanese restaurant called Kenza. Great food. After that we had couple of drinks in a pub and the last drink in the hotel before hitting the sack.

Btw, our hotel has 20 floors and above that from the 21th floor on there’s appartements for sale, one bedroom size is 1.300.000£ and 2 bedroom size is 3.700.000£, but you can use the facilities of the hotel, like wellness, spa, cleaning service aso. So not only Luxembourg is expensive
[Reply]
Harrison 21:10 8th October 2022
London is silly expensive. It always was more expensive to buy houses then anywhere else in the UK, but when the Chinese, Russians and Middle East started to invest and buy up property it really esculated in prices.

You leave London and the value of a 2 bed flat in London could buy you a 6 bed house with land and a swimming pool elsewhere. It is mad.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 10:02 9th October 2022
Btw, the Pan Pacific hotel is only existing since 1 year and 1 month, but it now just won the best hotel in London award, already after their first year.

We’re getting ready to go to the stadium now. Go Pack Go.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 08:47 11th October 2022
You came to London to eat Lebanese food??

Just wtf is wrong with Fish n Chips, or Toad in the Hole? - Heck, Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding if you want to be really posh!

Joking aside, hope you're both having a FAB time DC.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:54 11th October 2022
Had fish’n chips yesterday at Poppie’s Was a bit hangover day after the game on Sunday.

We arrived today at the Taj 51 hotel, and as it is our first stay with them they upgraded it us to the presidential suite, which is 60m2. We originally booked a 40m2 suite. Kinda nice of them. This one is at the moment 935£ per night, so definitely a nice upgrade. Buckingham Palace is 500m away, so we had a little walk there and in St James park and some drinks at the Two Chairmen, oldest pub in London.
[Reply]
J T 22:13 11th October 2022
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
. Kinda nice of them. This one is at the moment 935£ per night, .
*spits out tea*
*falls off chair*
*rolls down stairs*
*slowly rises to feet and staggers in a daze*
*collapses, clutching chest*

That's expensive

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Kin Hell:
You came to London to eat Lebanese food??
London has some great lebo restaurants. I'm speculating here, but I reckon the variety of choice in London far exceeds what's available in Luxembourg (no offense intended to luxembourg)

Originally Posted by Kin Hell:
Just wtf is wrong with Fish n Chips, or Toad in the Hole? - Heck, Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding if you want to be really posh!

A friend took me to a traditional pie shop for pie (obv), mash, and liquor.

I was not ready for it (I hated mash back then)

- - - Updated - - -

How was the game, and the stadium, DC?

Did you get to try those magic beer glasses that fill from the bottom upwards?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 09:37 12th October 2022
The game was great although we lost, leading 20-3 and everything looking sound, ending up losing 27-22, was not so great anymore.

The stadium is awesome, and so was our 3 course lunch in the stadium restaurant. Attendance was a bit over 62.000 people. After the game there was a lot going on and we were strolling through the bars with all the fans, Corona included I guess. My nose started running yesterday evening and then was completely blocked later and I had problems sleeping. I feel a bit bad today, girlfriend went shopping as we have a fully equipped kitchen in the suite, so we can prepare something here.

The weather is so fantastic but it’s also very windy, I guess that’s where my cold comes from. Hopefully it will get better as we have a reservation tomorrow for my birthday in the Michelin star Indian restaurant here in the hotel, the Quilon.

And yes JT, it’s true, we don’t have all those different restaurants in Luxembourg but loads of English pubs where I can eat my fish’n chips whenever I want. I think we have Lebanese though. But it was the first day, it was late, the restaurant was 100m away and not any other restaurant around had a table available.

And Sheppard’s pie btw I make myself at home
[Reply]
Harrison 09:51 12th October 2022
I think your nose might just be because you are in London. It's one of the biggest and most densely populated cities in the world. 9 million people live there. And it's quite polluted, but far better air quality now because they restricted vehicles into London with the clean air tax.

But whenever I visit London I get a blocked nose and am blowing horrible black snot the next day. Showing just how bad the air quality is compared with where I live in the countryside.

BTW, £935. That's more then my house mortage monthly payments! And we can only just afford that. But if you have the money to enjoy such a hotel then brilliant. I would be to if I could.

Oh and have a great Birthday!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 20:59 12th October 2022
Like I said, we got upgraded to that room, ours was a bit less expensive

Btw, I almost stayed whole day in bed today watching Netflix, really didn’t feel good, took some painkillers, feeling feverish.

Hopefully will feel better for the birthday.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 21:18 12th October 2022
Originally Posted by J T:
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
. Kinda nice of them. This one is at the moment 935£ per night, .
*spits out tea*
*falls off chair*
*rolls down stairs*
*slowly rises to feet and staggers in a daze*
*collapses, clutching chest*

That's expensive

<snip>
£935 is a snip comparing stopping at the Taj 51 Buckingham Suites - £7,400.00 a night for the Jaguar Suite & none available at the moment.

Laughing aside, hope you're feeling better tomorrow DC & where ever you are with it fella:

Have a Great Day!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6
Up