Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Boardgames
Harrison 11:00 23rd August 2022
Who here plays boardgames?

As Tom has got older we have really got back into them. Now he is 10 we are starting to explore more complex ones, and I am going to introduce him to some less compex table top war games and card battle games soon.

As a family our favouite boardgames that we play a lot are:

Ticket to Ride (Europe edition)
Rummicub
Sorry
Uno
Triolet (a French game like Scabble but with numbers)
Backgammon

And occasionally:

Monopoly
Cluedo

There was a new boardgame released last year based on Minecraft that we quite enjoy.

I have a copy of Catan but I've found it hard to convince them to play it as they instantly thought it looked too complicated, which it isn't once you play.

There is a new independent boardgame shop just opened around the corner from my house. I went in there last week and the owner is a really nice guy. All his games are second-hand, so far cheaper than new ones. But he checks them all and guarantees they are complete. I bought a copy of Risk from him He had copies of all the versions and I ended up buying the original, rather then the newer ones with plastic figures. Mainly because he said he had stock of spare parts. I have a feeling I will be buying more from him soon. If interested his store is https://m.facebook.com/alfiesbgc I'm sure he had a website but couldn't see it. But Googling Alfies boardgames Bognor Regis brings up a lot of info.

There are loads of more advanced boardgames, card battle games and tabletop war games I want to try and get into with Tom soon. We do occasionally also play Pokemon.

Shortlist of games to get include:

Pandemic
Tiny Epic Galaxies and Dungeons
Carcassonne
Munchkin
Kingdomino
Dixit
Wingspan
Azul
Heroquest (at £99 this ones quite an investment)

Have you played any of those?

Do you play any boardgames or tabletop games? Any you would recommend? I want to build up a good collection and have a gaming night one day a week.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up