Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Pleasuredome closed
Demon Cleaner 15:49 28th September 2021
Just visited like I do almost every day and it seems that it closed down, you can follow on Reddit now.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:13 29th September 2021
That's not good news. Thankfully between us we probably have very complete collections of most things. But it's a bit worrying regarding MAME updates if they do vanish.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 10:18 29th September 2021
I'm more worried about less know stuff, like TOSEC main branch, No-Intro or Redump stuff, and a lot about Visual and Future pinball.

And even the eXo sets were not updated since longer time, he merged the first 5 of them into the eXoDOS collection, and I thought that a newer version would be released after some point.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:23 2nd October 2021
This link has info about the sudden close.

https://torrentfreak.com/rom-emulati...gaming-210927/

I'm also worried about sourcing future updates and rarer sets. I also currently don't have many of the sets and archives on any of my running systems so I hope my DVD backups are all still working. I was planning a,new emulation setup based on my soon be retired i7 main system.

Really annoying is I had a very large download credit on the tracker too. My MAME set was quite out of date too and I was planning to download a fresh new full set. Very annoying.

Let's hope someone will either resurrect it, or create something new to take over. It's always such a shame when we lose an amazing resource like this, although PD had removed a lot of their content in recent times to avoid copyright (such as all Nintendo sets). I wonder if they were starting to be chases for copyright infringement, game the quite while we are ahead comment.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 08:31 4th October 2021
You still can get the MAME sets here: https://pleasuredome.github.io/pleasuredome/index.html
[Reply]
Harrison 13:56 5th October 2021
I just hope that as it's still linked to the whole PD peoject it remains maintained, updated and live. At least being on Github that's something. I wonder how long before organisations, games publishers and governments start going after github?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up