Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Windows 365
Harrison 23:05 13th September 2021
Most people will have heard about the upcoming Windows 11, but have you also heard about Windows 365?

Microsoft is taking the idea of Office 365, where the whole offic3 suite is hosted remotely and accessed online streaming. So their idea is for Windows itself to be hosted remotely and streaming to your device. You could access it from your phone or tablet, as well as a computer.

What are your thoughts on this?

For business needs I can see this being very attractive. A company can configure Windows exactly how they need and employees log in to use it. No need to setup employee laptops or worry about individual device security.

But for home users this will only appeal to those with basic computer needs. For older users that only need interner, email and word it will probably be prefect, using whatever system they own like a terminal.

But for gaming? No way. Being remote it will remove hardware as a factor of the OS. How will that work? Something like game streaming, if still running a virtual machine at the other end based on a fixed console platform. So the delivered game stream is running based on the original hardware. But that isn't how PCs work. Go brings office software and a web browser and things would get complicated. I could never see something like video editing, pgotoshop wtc running on a streaming OS, and gaming is out of the question imo.

I could however see a use for Windows 365, because I could have it as a go to OS to access on all devices with office and email, plus thr OS setup for work related stuff. And a separate PC for gaming and design quirk
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up