Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: BITMAP Books - A Guide to Japanese RPGs.
Harrison 11:05 27th June 2021
The latest book from Bitmap Books was released on Friday.

A guide to Japanese RPGs.

https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/produc...-playing-games

JRPG_Cover_Shopify_1344x1344.jpg

I've been waiting for this one since it was first announced, so ordered my copy a soon as it was available. Really looking forward to its arrival this week. But as with all their other books I already have the PDF version as soon as I ordered, so have already had a quick look though. Really interesting because it's exploring the actual Japanese RPG genre, not just JRPGs released in the west.

If you are interested I highly recommend you buy it this week because they don't stay in stock long. I was tempted by the Collectors Edition, because its a one off 2000 copy print run, but for the extra £20 it wasn't really worth it to me for what you get extra. But I was nearly tempted just because of its limited run and a nicer cover.
[Reply]
Harrison 07:18 1st July 2021
The book arrived yesterday and I would say it's one of the nicest books they have created to date. Over 650 pages, packed with the whole history of Japanese RPGs, with a page dedicated to each game. Highly recommended.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:53 25th July 2021
Not available at the moment, I signed up for newsletter as it really looks like my kind of thing.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:46 29th July 2021
You will definitely like it. Really nicely made and covering the whole JRPG genre we both love.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:50 18th November 2021
I finally got the book, awesome, and it's massive
[Reply]
Harrison 09:25 24th November 2021
Yes it is big and contains so much information. So many RPGs I've never played. Nicely made too.

I ordered some more books from them since. Will post another thread about them.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 08:47 25th November 2021
I already have quite many of their books.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:54 25th November 2021
The last order was for the last 3 of their current books I didn't have, so I have them all now. Except the War of the Worlds, Micro machines, and the Generation 64 scene book that didn't really interest me.

Their next book coming out I will definitely be getting.

"Go Straight: The Ultimate Guide to Side-Scrolling Beat-’Em-Ups."
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:19 25th November 2021
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Their next book coming out I will definitely be getting.

"Go Straight: The Ultimate Guide to Side-Scrolling Beat-’Em-Ups."
Yup, I already signed up for that. Plus I have the Micro Machines book, it's great, would definitely be something for your son.
[Reply]
J T 22:44 25th November 2021
I'd imagine the micro machines book is neat. I really enjoyed it on the A500 and could win every single race right up until this one utter utter bastard of a track that I just couldn't nail and it would always end in a game over
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up