Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Happy Christmas
Harrison 23:57 28th December 2020
A bit late, but Happy Christmas to everyone.

I hope you all managed to have a good Christmas. Luckily in the UK I was within a tier 2 area so could visit my parents on Christmas day. We are now in tier 4 so can't visit anyone or leave our area other than for work.

Had a couple of cool things this year from my wife. A Samsung Watch Active, smart watch, which works really well with my S20. And for my birthday today a Raspberry Pi 4 4GB.

Did you get anything nice?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 10:43 31st December 2020
As usual I got plenty of chocolate. We just had chicken for dinner.

How's the Pi 4? I haven't got anything newer than the B+. I keep thinking I should get a newer one.
[Reply]
Harrison 19:49 31st December 2020
Not had time to setup the RPi4 yet. Have tomorrow to dedicate to it. I actually bought an official RPi keyboard and mouse that arrived today, just to give it the full effect. And I got the FLIRC case, which is a really nicely designed passive cooling aluminum case, where a heatsink built into the case touches the CPU and disipates great into the metal case. So silent.

Going to start off with Raspian OS, then going to have a play around with some emulation game builds, including RetroPi, RetroArch and Emulation Station. Amibian and PiMigafor Amiga emulation and I really want to try out the current version of the Acorn Archimedes emulator.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:35 5th January 2021
Got a new winter jacket from Hilfiger, very nice, plus much needed

For myself I ordered a new gaming PC for the living room, as I'm still doing home office working in the veranda and my girlfriend is using my "PC" room for home office, thus I'm next too the living room and hang on the couch quite a lot

Although my latest PC is not that old, but I don't have any opportunity to use it, plus I save loads of money during COVID, so I made myself that pleasure and just bought a new one, again.

I'm gonna post the specs in the other thread, here.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 17:40 6th January 2021
Just wasn't Christmas this year....
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up