Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
4 5 6 7 8 9
Thread: COVID-19
J T 02:27 21st June 2021
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Got my second this morning, besides having a nap for 4 hours now, I feel fine. Gonna see in the upcoming days how it is.
I do love a nap though
[Reply]
Harrison 12:12 23rd June 2021
I've just received both an email and text saying I can go online and bring my second vaccine forward if I want. Its next Friday anyway so I will probably just keep the original date. I don't have a car at the moment anyway so couldn't get there this week.
[Reply]
Tiago 09:33 13th July 2021
Hi everyone, just have my 2nd Pfizer vaccine. Smooth
[Reply]
Harrison 08:10 16th July 2021
I had my second AstraZeneca vaccine 2 weeks ago today, so it's full effect should be starting to take effect now. Perfect timing as the UK is removing all covid restrictions on Monday.

I'm really not sure about removing all restrictions in one go like this. I understand why they have chosen now and I can see the logic. It's sumner so the flu season isn't around. There are also minimum colds. And 86% of the population is now vaccinated so high protection. However with the Football Euros and lots of people watching in pubs and at live games we are now seeing the infection rates shooting up. 86k new cases yesterday and 68 more deaths. The death rate is definitely suppressed thanks to the vaccine. In February when we had this many daily new infections the death rate was 400-800 a day. So it's working. But 60+ deaths a day is still 60 more than wanted.

I will so be wearing a mask in shops and public places where there are a lot of people. And keeping my distance. I really think they should contrite to enforce mask wearing indoors. It's proved to be the biggest preventative measure.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 12:17 18th July 2021
The UK Government need shooting. - Saying they're lifting Lockdown constraints last week, but keeping Masks Mandatory on London Transport!

What's so ****ing special about London Transport you bloody Hypocrites? - Face Masks everywhere dammit.

Anyhow, I see the Ex Mayor of London now has tested Positive for COVID-19 this weekend. Maybe he might just re-think the Governments COVID Strategy from Monday onwards.

& why do people think they have rights to still have a Holiday abroad? - Nutters, the lot of em!

Stay Socially Distanced with anyone not in your normal household; If you have to go out shopping, wear masks & keep the 2m rule in hand.

If like me, you don't wear Masks in Work & someone gets too close.... Tell them to do one!
[Reply]
Harrison 09:27 20th July 2021
Totally agree. I was pleased last night to find out Royal Mail have decided to continue enforcing the 2 meter rule in the distribution centre I work at. The usual few idiots booed when the daily reminder over the speaker system reminded people to keep their distance, but they are the usual village idiots that have moaned the whole way through about not being allowed to the pub, so you get the type.

And although not enforced nearly everyone was wearing a mask still, even though it was 33C+ in the building. I only saw about 10 people not wearing masks. Again exactly the numpties I though wouldn't.

One of them really made me laugh because earlier in the year he was one of the most paranoid about the virus, walking around with a mask and face shield, as well as for some reason thinking if he also wore a thick yellow reflextive coat with the hood up it might help. Last night he was walking around taking with lots of people with no mask on and wearing flip flops in an area with a lot of york movenent where protective footwear is normally worn. You just can't help some people.

Everyone in the CoOp was weak a mask too. And over 80% od parents were wearing masks when I collected Tom last night. But I bet that starts to fall with the hot weather, although it is the last week.

As for hoildays abroad. I agree. Why do they "need" to go abroad? They act like it's life or death. Some god given right. Why can't they manage to just stay in the UK for one year?
[Reply]
Harrison 09:31 20th July 2021
Should the Japanese Olympics really still be going ahead? More and more testing positive each day and having to self isolate. If that continues there won't be many left to compete. And just imagine. They hold a qualifying race. All in the race are stood close to each other warming up and during the race. One tests positive and that's all of them isolating and missing their next race.

They should have delayed it until next year. Most Japanese people don't want it being held with infection rates rising and their vaccinations being so slow with only a third vaccinated so far.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 10:04 31st July 2021
No Harrison.... The Olympics should not have gone ahead in any manner. - Disgraceful.
[Reply]
J T 00:50 4th August 2021
Lady T and I both got our first Pfizer shot on Monday.

Local stocks are limited, so we went up the the city (90 minute drive) just to get this done and then turn straight back around and drove home again.

I feel it was worth it though.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 07:17 4th August 2021
Originally Posted by J T:
I feel it was worth it though.
I think so too
[Reply]
Tags:Array
4 5 6 7 8 9
Up