Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Vampire V4 Standalone - Details and Price
Puni/Void 11:06 25th September 2019
Hi guys,

Details and pricing on the upcoming Vampire V4 standalone has now been presented.

Originally Posted by :
"As disclosed some weeks ago, first batch will be sold at Amiga34 directly to people attending the event. Next batches will be sold indirectly only by our resellers listed in our WiKi."
Anyone here going to purchase one?

See more here: http://www.apollo-core.com/knowledge.php?b=1&note=23461

[Reply]
Harrison 10:10 26th September 2019
It's a great project, but I can't justify such a purchase myself as I just wouldn't use it. Would still be great to own one though.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 16:43 26th September 2019
Originally Posted by Harrison:
It's a great project, but I can't justify such a purchase myself as I just wouldn't use it. Would still be great to own one though.
My usage will mostly be related to demo-activities, but I think I'll finally get around to have a go at Genetic Species, ABD3DII and some of those games. I know they are fast in WinUAE, but it's a bit different running these titles on an Amiga compatible, hehe. It will be at the expense of my old A1200 though, since I don't have room to have both set up at the same time. Will not sell the 1200, but it will be on display instead of being used.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 04:10 27th September 2019
Not for me anymore, would have been tempted some years ago. I just stick to emulators since some time, and I'm definitely going to keep it that way. Interesting nonetheless.
[Reply]
J T 23:01 1st October 2019
Crikey that's expensive. It is however great to see the enthusiasm and resourcefulness on show by these communities, and I have a pretty high level of admiration for what they do - especially as I know pretty much nothing other than the basics about circuit boards, chips, electronic engineering and all that shit that goes on 'under the hood of whatever computer I happen to be using.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 19:46 19th October 2019
Originally Posted by J T:
Crikey that's expensive. It is however great to see the enthusiasm and resourcefulness on show by these communities, and I have a pretty high level of admiration for what they do - especially as I know pretty much nothing other than the basics about circuit boards, chips, electronic engineering and all that shit that goes on 'under the hood of whatever computer I happen to be using.
The team behind it has done an incredible job on the Vampire. I pre-ordered it through Amedia in France and they expect it to be shipped in December, so looking forward to that. And yes, it is expensive, but definitely worth it in my eyes, since Amiga is still my main hobby. I'll post some pics here once it has arrived.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:09 5th November 2019
Look forward to reading what you think of it. Definitely great that the hardware dev community is still going strong.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up