Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Merry Christmas 2018
Kin Hell 21:08 23rd December 2018
A very Merry Christmas to all Classic Amiga Readers.

We hope you & all your Family are well for the Festive Season.

Charlie & Debbie

[Reply]
Puni/Void 07:24 24th December 2018

Merry Christmas everyone! Wish you all the best!

- 6 degrees celsius here, snow outside, very nice weather for Christmas.
[Reply]
Tiago 14:31 26th December 2018
Merry Christmas and a happy new year
[Reply]
Harrison 11:13 27th December 2018
Happy Christmas everyone. Hope you all had a great day.

Did anyone get anything retro? I received a Nintendo SNES Mini from my wife, which will soon be modded to add more games and multi platform support. :-)
[Reply]
DaZZaBoY 22:34 27th December 2018
MERRY XMAS everyone and A VERY HAPPY 2019!

Cheers!
[Reply]
J T 00:58 3rd January 2019
Best wishes all.

Brutally hot out here, 35+

And we don't have air con at home lolololol
[Reply]
Harrison 23:03 4th January 2019
I know your seasons are back to front to ours. How cold does it get in the summer? And does your area ever suffer from the flooding or droughts/fires?

35 is nothing. Remember the UK has the hottest summer on record last year, beating the 1976 record. And what did we do? We decided to go on holiday to Spain where it was even hotter! Lol.

It's actually finally started getting properly cold now here. -4C tonight. Has been abnormally warm until now. Spending tomorrow chopping up some more firewood with the chainsaw and getting the log burner going.
[Reply]
J T 21:21 14th January 2019
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I know your seasons are back to front to ours. How cold does it get in the summer? And does your area ever suffer from the flooding or droughts/fires?

35 is nothing. Remember the UK has the hottest summer on record last year, beating the 1976 record. And what did we do? We decided to go on holiday to Spain where it was even hotter! Lol.

It's actually finally started getting properly cold now here. -4C tonight. Has been abnormally warm until now. Spending tomorrow chopping up some more firewood with the chainsaw and getting the log burner going.
It can still get cold in the summer, it's very changeable. The other day it went from 36 down to 15 in one afternoon and that was noticeable. Some summers we might not get out of the high teens much but others can be hot AF. Yes we do get both droughts, and fire risk. Unexpectedly we also get floods. A summer storm the other day flooded the town and some shops had to be evacuated. It's proper weather... nothing boring like drizzle or grey....

35 is fine for a holiday, easy - but living and working in that heat, especially if it's prolonged, is pretty tough. Lucky it doesn't get quite as bad here as in the big cities but still, phew, it's hot.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 13:16 31st January 2019
Originally Posted by J T:
Originally Posted by Harrison:

It can still get cold in the summer, it's very changeable. The other day it went from 36 down to 15 in one afternoon and that was noticeable. Some summers we might not get out of the high teens much but others can be hot AF. Yes we do get both droughts, and fire risk. Unexpectedly we also get floods. A summer storm the other day flooded the town and some shops had to be evacuated. It's proper weather... nothing boring like drizzle or grey....

35 is fine for a holiday, easy - but living and working in that heat, especially if it's prolonged, is pretty tough. Lucky it doesn't get quite as bad here as in the big cities but still, phew, it's hot.

35??

We had reports here in the UK that Oz was seeing 47+ a few weeks ago & today, Detroit in the USA is a staggering -50!
[Reply]
J T 01:31 20th February 2019
Originally Posted by Kin Hell:

We had reports here in the UK that Oz was seeing 47+ a few weeks ago
Yeah, it can get really hot in the centre.

Also some of the western Sydney suburbs can be brutal in summer, like heat islands, but not where i am. It sometimes gets over 40 here but those are extreme days.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up