Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Blackmail spam
Stephen Coates 21:48 13th February 2019
When I posted that screenshot a few months ago, it was the first time I had got one of those blackmail spams. Now, several months later, I've had so many of them that they are starting to get boring.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:40 14th February 2019
That's where their technique falls down. When receiving the very first of these it can be worrying if you don't know about them, but after a few or just becomes silly.
[Reply]
Teho 23:11 14th February 2019
I just received my fiftieth or so call from Microsoft Technical Support during lunch today. It's certainly getting ridiculous. But it must still be worth it since they're still doing it I suppose.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 04:15 15th February 2019
I've never had one of those technical support scam phone calls. Always kinda wanted to get one just for the fun of it though.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:03 17th February 2019
I had a couple when they first started, but not since. When I moved I had to get a new landline phone number so set it as ex directory. I haven't had any cold callers or nuisance calls since. The only ones I've had are related to companies I've given my number to.
[Reply]
Teho 23:02 17th February 2019
I get them every now and then, but not that often. But I got that call around lunch on friday like I said, and then I got one again yesterday morning around 9 am. I was still asleep and hung over after having celebrated my friend's 40th birthday the day before, so I wasn't exactly in the mood for them. Let's just say that he probably noticed.

[Reply]
Kin Hell 13:46 13th March 2019

[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up